Sleep aid

I have seen many posts about sleep difficulties. I was having a hard time with sleep also post coiling/SAH due to mild PTSD. The surgeon told me this is normal after being in ICU and going thru the trauma of it all. Melatonin was not helping. My therapist suggested deep breathing and relaxation techniques. I then remembered an app for Mindfullness that I had used before. I found the app “Calm” also had Sleep Stories as well as the mediation practices. There are different types of stories and different narrators to try. I find these have really helped me drift off to sleep without meds. They turn off when done. I sometimes wake up again and turn on another story. My mom always read me a bedtime story and so this is comforting on that level also. This app has a free 7 day trial. There may be other apps that have sleep stories also.

I have had the same issues after my surgery and I found that just 2 drops of a good quality frankincense essential oil on the back of the neck helps to calm me down. From Amazon - Edens Garden Frankincense Boswellia Carterii Hope that helps.

WOW that’s amazing. I will try to remember that.