Six month angio coming soon

I first angio was fine but upon d/c had a dangerous bleed as I walked to car. PED recovery2 stents went well thank god with adjustments but now I’m anxious about going back for angiogram

It’s normal to feel anxious, but remain positive and remember you’re going to find out how The PED placement went and whether or not your aneurysm is occluded. If the surgeon is aware that you had difficulty with your first angio, they can take some extra precautions to be sure everything is under control before you leave. And hopefully you’ll get the good news that the pipeline did it’s job and that you’ll be able to go off the Plavix!

Thank you Patty for your support and encouragement

As I recall, you were going to have Dr. Nelson – the pioneer of the pipeline stent assist or observe your surgery. Was he indeed there? I have seen another person on this site say that he was going to travel to the hospital where they were having their surgery and that he does that for complicated cases. Wondering if that’s an option for others on here who are concerned about PED for their particular aneurysm???

Yes he was there yet I was sedated so didn’t see/ meet him, I was told it was complicated and procedure took four hours not 1-2 as predicted, also had groun bleed during, perhaps a person can ask about having him at PED my hospital is 2 hours from nyc so I don’t know if this is a factor

I believe an NL in Indiana also had him assist her surgery. Apparently he seems to be willing to travel. I think this is a good thing since he’s the pioneer of the PEDand perhaps he is helpful in cases that are complicated and where some surgeons may not be as experienced in the procedure.That’s partially why I chose NYU, because the PEDwas invented up there, although my surgeon was Dr. Howard Riina-- one of their top notch doctors.

Yes, I also think if use of PED IS OFF LABEL THE DOC MAY NEED HIM TO SUGN OFF ON ABILITY TO SUCCESSFULLY USE OFFLABEL. WE ARE BLESSED!!!

Yes, mine was definitely used off label! Probably why my doctor was the only one out of seven surgeons that would go this route. I’m so glad I chose the PED! Blessed, we are!

Anafa said:

Yes, I also think if use of PED IS OFF LABEL THE DOC MAY NEED HIM TO SUGN OFF ON ABILITY TO SUCCESSFULLY USE OFFLABEL. WE ARE BLESSED!!!

So glad we were able to have this peocedure

hello all, met with my wonderful Dr. Doc Noharra today to schedule angiogram, It will be in mid october, looking forward to being free from worry/blood thinners, bruising. doc said shed like to look at my left ica as well as where PED were placed in right ica, to be sure there are no mirror annies, this freaked me a bit, but better to know, I know, I will schedule about five days off after angio to regroup, does this sound about right, support is welcome, I met some wonderful survivors in waiting room today, we hugged one another, reminds me how lucky we are to be here, love and peace to all, Elle, Anafa

Hi Anafa. Im wondering how your 6 month angiogram went. Keep me posted. Hope all is well.

Hi Sky, my procedure is this weds please keep me in your thoughts :slight_smile:

Sky, my angio. Is tommorrow, thanks,Anafa

Six month angio completedby Dr Alison Noharra at Vassar hospital! And team of committed joyful caring medical staff. I got Bob Dylan pandora station playing. I felt so blessed. Some expected anxiety not much fear! Amazing! All went well my PED fully occluded my Annie’s. No others were found follow up in six Months and will then schedule follow up cat scans. Doctor thinks that artery in Annie’s developed weakness in utero, will continue to reduce stress blood pressure and anxiety
grateful and resting

2 Likes

Great news, Anafa!

Great News! Sounds like a walk around the park :slight_smile:

1 Like