Sept is Brain Aneurysm Awareness

Every Sept I set up my little table at the Royal University hospital where I had my surgery and hand out info packets supplied by The Brain Aneurysm Foundation. I also get to give away pens, wristbands :slight_smile: People are nervous to talk to me until they learn that I’m a survivor :slight_smile:

Tracy,

I am new on this site. My husband died from an aneurysm, he was 52.
How can I help? I need to help, please…
Thank you for your advice, Danièle

aneurysms are strange, I had a ruptured one at age 52 also . Had no family history of them but one month before it i slipped on ice and landed real hard on my right side . the one that ruptured was on the left. I do not think doctors know enough about them yet . I have many of experiences in my life that i wonder about. Now at 56 going on 57 I have just about used up my life savings. I hope to regain the use of my arm and leg to return to work . It will help keep us from loosing our home. well good luck to you.

Daniele,
I am so sorry for your loss. I also have lost loved ones to this terrible disease. Everyday I live with a fear that I may lose my life. I do what I can to bring Brain Anuerysm Awareness to as many people as I can. I write letters to newspapers, to hospitals etc. I’ve been on radio shows. I write to our Canadian Government begging for more money for our hospitals, our surgeons etc for Brain Anuerysm research, support etc. The picture above was a day in Sept where I just set up a table in a busy hospital and hand out pamphets and make myself available to talk about a scarey disease that people are terrified to discuss! I donate money when I can, but I don’t have a lot of that so I donate my time. Go to the main page and I’m sure you’ll find a link on things you can do to help! Good luck!
I’m always here to talk to you and I’m so very sorry again for your loss of your young husband. Remember, it can be genetic, if you have children they should be checked as well as his siblings. My Aunt and an Uncle passed away from ruptures! hugs to you Daniele! xoxoxo

Ernie,
Annies are strange. We don’t know enough about them. I find different doctors and different neuro’s disagree on whether they are genetic or not. It’s crazy! Thank goodness you survived and can share your story with all of us and we can learn from you! I hope you work hard and your arm and leg start to work the way you need them to. I’ll pray you don’t lose your home! Thats tragic after all you have endured! I wish there was some kind of help for you! Perhaps another line of work…
Your still young enough to learn…lol… They said after my stroke I would never play the guitar again…but I am! I believe you can only do what you can do! Work as hard as you can, and then accept and go forward if that makes any sense… I am a brain surgery survivor…(I love that excuse…lol)
hugs to you as well :slight_smile: