Running a Marathon

When I had my SAH in September 2006, the doctor didn't know what to tell me. I wasn't supposed to survive it because it was so rare of a rupture. In my case, I had a double aneurysm (on each side of the artery). Both ruptured which essentially cut the artery in half. My recovery was swift, no major deficits but I continued to get tired very easily and my balance / motor skills were challenged. So, it was with great trepidation that I signed up to complete the 1/2 marathon in Columbus, Ohio. But complete it I did. It took me 3 hours, not an amazing time by competitive standards, but absolutely amazing given my history. I've now registered for another 1/2 marathon in April 2013. Ultimately, my goal is to run a marathon. I hope to reach this goal in October 2014, 8 years after my rupture. I'd love to hear from others who have set "seemingly" impossible goals after their rupture.

Hi Tiffany...this is amazing...you will be an inspiration to many at BAF ~ Colleen

Hi Tiffany,
Ciao from Milan, Italy.
I had my rupture on february, 2009, I receive coils and one year later I get the PED, flow diverter stent.
I was very lucky, I fully recover my self, and I came back to normal life.
I have had several rm angio and follow up and everything seems ok, let cross the finger…
Last september I was able to have a 15 km race ( less than 1/2 maraton ) in 90 minutes…
Next target for me 1/2 maraton…
Take care of you,
Giovanni

Giovanni,

That's great news. I say go for it! I look forward to hearing about your next PR as you continue your marathon journey.