Right sided craniotomy double medical clips

On December 18,2012 I had the repair done by dr. Wanebo at the barrows institute. He was very comforting and I had all the faith I needed to get through the procedure. Dr. Called me his miracle, I wanted out of ICU. I needed a bathroom, I wanted to walk :slight_smile: I went home on December 22,2012. We thought everything was well I was off the pain meds and only taking Tylenol and benedryl to sleep at night. On December 23,2012 my husband rushed me to the ER,I dumped my coffee became unresponsive and couldn’t move my right side. About 9 hours later they realized I was having seizures, EEG showed a seizure every 1 1/2 seconds, my body was very sick but they got it under control with Dilantin & keppra. I have dunces weaned off the Dilantin… That was the best day of my life! Getting off that drug was wonderful! I will be on seizure medication for the rest of my life, a small price to pay for being alive:) I feel wonderful, I have a strange part numb part alive feeling in my skull. I did have a follow up CT Head that showed a 10mm bleed on the dura, which in 1 week has gone down to a 7mm mass so that was awesome news! Getting better everyday and blessed that they found the aneurysm accidentally & god bless and prayers to all of you that are about to go through this, you too will be okay :slight_smile:

Oops, sorry December 18,2012

Next time Rose...let your body heal in ICU until you go home...I was coiled, not even clipped and I was in Neuro ICU for 10 days...
I am so ok they found out that you were having seizures, how scary for you and hubby...

You are still early in the healing journey and it takes "one day at a time"...Cyber~hugs out to you Colleen