Relocated to Tampa

I recently relocated to Tampa and I am having a heck of a time finding a neurologist. I am keeping my neurosurgeon in New York for my Annual exams but for my regular long term care I need someone local. I am wondering if there is anyone in this group from the Tampa area who can recommend a good doctor or Neuro group. Even if you know of a good resource that could assist in finding a reputable neurologist. This is the hard part about moving. Leaving behind the familiar .... Thanks, Carol

Hi Carol...I feel for you...I have spent so much time moving for my husbands career...this last one to PA...I told him is the last...and mostly because of my medical history and he plans on retiring in about 8 years...anyways, we were in Lakeland Florida for 6 years and my neurologist whom I still see in Tampa is Dr. Edmund Grant...I will look up his address and number and post it here, I have sent many to him ( I highly respect his as a professional )...~ thoughts out to you ~ Colleen

Thanks so much Coleen. The referrals here are so important. I'm hoping this is it for me too :), Carol

Hi Carol... Here is Dr. Grant's information ... also, I am going to share your post with members for you to get some other referrals...~ Colleen

Grant, Edmund Dr-Florida Medical Clinic

Doctor & Clinic

2 reviews on
13801 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33613
  • Cross Streets: Between E 138th Ave and Azalea Cir
(813) ■■■■■■■■

Carol, You have some of the top rated Neurosurgeons and Neurologists in the country right there in Tampa! The USF Physicians Group and the Tampa General Hospital Neuro ICU saved my life when I was life flighted there with a ruptured aneursym. I would go no where else and would live across the street from the complex if possible :). Here's a link to there site: http://health.usf.edu/medicine/neurosurgery/index.htm

Thanks Colleen and Barbara. I'll check both out for a long term care neurologist. I also have our Health Advocate at work looking for me so I'll cross reference names. It is tough to "interview" neuro's all over again. I told my neurosurgeon in NY that I was going to send him the names to see if he knew any that he could give his blessing on (like we haven't been through enough). Barbara I had a heck of a time finding any info on my own (another challenge I guess) so I really appreciate the link. Carol

Tampa General is the #2 hospital in Florida so you should be able to find someone great there. Also my surgeon is also from NY (NYU) and he told me that “he knows neuros everywhere.” So your NY neuro may have a Tampa colleague to recommend.

Thanks Jennifer. I remember how long it took me to find a long term neuro in NY and the thought of going through that all over again is intimidating (and a bit frustrating). :)

Dr. Harry Van Loverren at Tampa General Hospital. He saved my life. Ruptured aneurysm twice!!! Best neuro guy around! If you have any questions. Just ask me.

Lauri

I was going to recommend Dr. Van Loveren as well. I was referred to him by Dr. Mario Zuccarello from the Mayfield Clinic (Cincinnati, OH). Both are excellent.

Nicole

I see the Neurologists at USF Health!! They are awesome!!! Dr. Agazi is my doctor. He specializes in open head procedures. He works with other doctors within USF Health and Tampa General Hospital for my closed head procedures. I go to the Tampa General location. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!

USF Health Morsani Center
for Advanced Healthcare

13330 USF Laurel Drive
Tampa, FL 33612

Main Line: (813) 974-2201
Ambulatory Surgery Center: (813) 396-2439
Camille's Sidewalk Café: (813) 396-2525
Diagnostic Imaging Center: (813) 396-2372
Ear, Nose & Throat: (813) 974-4683
Endoscopy & Surgery Center: (813) 396-2439
Neurology: (813) 396-9478
Ob/GYN: (813) 259-8500
Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Center: (813) 396-9422
Physical Therapy Center: (813) 974-8613
Women's Health: (813)259-8500

PDF Version
Download Map
USF Health South Tampa Center
for Advanced Healthcare

2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606

Main Line: (813) 974-2201
Cardiology: (813) 259-0600
Diagnostic Imaging Center: (813) 259-8845
Neurology: (813) 396-9478
Neurosurgery: (813) 259-0965
Ob/GYN: (813) 259-8500
Orthopaedics: (813) 396-9422
Pediatrics: (813) 259-8700
Surgery: (813) 259-0929
Urology: (813) 250-2213

PDF Version
Download Map
USF Health at Wesley Chapel

27415 Cashford Circle
Wesley Chapel, FL, 33544

Family Medicine: (813) 974-2201

Mine also! He and his team saved my life also for the rupture and then did my second clipping months later. They have a great Nureo ICU at Tampa General!

I am living in Port Richey Florida and I go to see Dr. Eric Lopez Del Valle, he and his team are the best in my opinion...Dr. Lopez saved my life...he is located at Morton Plant Mease in Clearwater and has an office close to the hospital....this is the health grades page with address...http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-eric-lopez-del-valle-3hfls....if u haven't found anyone yet...that is the only neurosurgical team for the area...

Wow, this is great information. I have a lot of research to start. I will be busy for a while :) I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reach out to me. Sometimes it is hard for me to ask for help even if only for something like a referral. I've been trying to figure this out for two months on my own and finally threw up my hands in frustration. I should have asked two months ago. Thanks again! Carol

Carol,
I nearly fell over when I read your bio. I am from Mahwah, NJ. Dr Connelly assisted Drs. Gaeton Moise and Dr Dorathea Altschul on my surgery at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood. They have offices there too. I am also relocating to the west coast of Florida Bonita Springs. Penny

Wow Penny. I absolutely love him (hero worship I know) I knew he practiced in NJ also. I had connections at NY Presbyterian so I went there. I lived in east Brunswick at the time. How strange that we have so many connections. I just went on line and made a request to make an appointment with a neurologist at USF in Tampa. I am going to go North to see Dr. Connolly for my annual exams but he says I need a local neurologist obviously and I have been avoiding it. Now I know I need it because the headaches are back. I just hate the thought of trying to find a Neuro again (sigh). Not sure here Bonita Springs is but we will definitely keep in touch, so glad you sent the friend request :) I'll let everyone know how things work out and which Neuro I end up with at USF. (fingers crossed) Carol