Surgeons in Florida

Can anyone recommend a neurosurgeon in Florida? I recently moved to the Orlando area and I have an aneurysm of concern. Not sure how I feel about my current provider. I will travel anywhere in the state if needed.

I sure hope other members in FL come and answer you. I haven’t lived in FL since I was in the USN, so other than get on the Internet and look, I won’t be of much help. Have you done a search here using the magnifying glass? It may help you find someone. Best of luck!

Thank you, I’ll look. I am leaning toward making a call to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville as they seem to be highly rated in Florida, but I dont know of specific surgeons.

I wish I could recommend my doctor – he was amazing, but, sadly, he died quite a few years ago in a plane accident. Freaky accident! That being said, though, he was part of a great team that my family ended up being very close to. Specifically, Dr. Ralph Lehman is still in the Tampa area and definitely worth a visit (in my opinion) for a second opinion/review. I had my surgery done at the Tampa General Hospital (many, many years ago), and that team continues to grow and get better.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the recommendation. Tampa is definitely doable for me. I appreciate your response.

I am a patient at Mayo in Jacksonville and, so far, am very pleased. I am on Watch and Wait with a 2mm MCA. My NeuroSurgeon is Dr. Tawks who I saw for a second opinion and decided to stay with him. He ordered another MRI at 9 months which revealed Annie was stable and turned me over to Neurologist, Dr. Lindsy Williams. Granted I have only seen her once, but I am extremely impressed. Both doctors exceeded my expectations.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this information. I was thinking Mayo might be worth the drive.