Recovery Question

It's been one year since my two brain aneurysm surgeries and I still notice things that no one can answer "why" for me on. Like, how come, just now, I'm noticing that I have an issue with how long it takes my brain to react to something I see?? Can anyone help me here, please??

Thank you, thank you.

Healing of the brain is a long journey...it takes time to know your "new normal"...almost like all your nerve endings are waking up...wishing you a good day..~ Colleen

Julie...welcome...I think you received a lot of input already...healing takes time...

You may want to search: cranial nerves as there are number that relate to our vision ...

When you say "no one can answer", do you mean your doctors?

Prayers for getting answers...and for your continued healing, any therapies that may help your recovery, etc... research on the cranial nerves may help you expand your questioning to the doctors...

Pat

O.k., so is it normal to still have/notice "Changes" a year after my surgeries? My biggest concern is the trouble I'm having/noticing with my memory. Why am I noticing this a year later? Is this something I will experience the rest of my natural life - weird changes - or should I be concerned about these changes now??

Julie...it all depends...location of an aneurysm; access to it (arteries/segments) if open surgery/ clip or the minimally invasive... marketed to me/family after multiple emergencies...and attempting to secure testing/diagnosis immediately following the first ER.

When did you have your f/up angios?

I had extreme worsening of vision after each of two; and, also the tinnitus in my left ear... resulting in my hearing tests...results: sensorineural ... another word to research...

We all vary to symptoms/locations in the portions of our brain...why I have so recommended researching cranial nerves and cranial nerves anatomy...to see which CNs are near your artery hosting the aneurysm and or the access arteries to it...to form your questions to your doctors...

Also, suggest you have an advocate w/you at doc visits...form your list of questions...and, the advocate will be helpful in comprehending, asking for repeats/expanded explanations, and remembering the answers to them...taking notes by your list of questions, etc...

Ask about hearing and vision testing... if we cannot hear something, we cannot remember it... and, if we hear it, but cannot grasp the sounds clearly (inner ear transmission to temporal lobe) we may not be able to comprehend it clearly... the sensorineural stuff...

Also, ask about neuropsychological tests...they are needed for SS disability, and/or including various therapies to help overcome some symptoms...

I do not know your background; e.g. if you work, returned to work, not able to...

Prayers for your questions to your docs...and that you are noting symptoms by date... because it will also be very exciting to sense the changes of recovery...which can also be helpful to our other members... Keep in touch....

Pat