Reckon I'm not supposed to do that

Thursday night I went to my beginning yoga class. I was the only student who showed up, so I got a private lesson from the instructor, which was nice. She helped me understand how to get some of the weight off my arms in downward dog, which is a pose my neurosurgeon says is OK for someone with an unburst annie to do. This particular instructor doesn't know I have one of those.

She had me do another mild inversion, one where you go into a bridge on your back, then put a yoga block under the sacrum and drape yourself over it for a while, then put both of your legs straight up in the air and hang out.

When I got home my whole face was covered in petechiae, the little pinprick-sized broken blood vessels. Weightlifters, laboring moms, and strangulation victims in crime novels get them, too. I think I can only blame the feet-it-the-air pose, as nothing else I have ever done in class has caused that to happen. I wasn't all that fond of it anyway. Now if only someone would tell me not to do down dog....

HNH...

Please call your neurosurgeon...page him/her, whatever...

Please always tell any provider of anything ...of your status...I had told my acupuncturist who would not perform basic treatment on my scalp/skull...until OK'd by neuro...

I do not know petechiae from activity...I have had it constantly since minimally invasive health care...none prior...

Prayers that you connect with your neurosurgeon...

Pat

hi!-I 'm 4 yrs post sah coiling /w/shunt and a occ therapist told me never have my head lower than the level of my heart. Once I lied on the bed and tried to reach under it and mmediatly felt pressure in my brain and when I recalled therapists words I stopped. Yes always consult dr about any exercise program- just call them-they are trained and paid to answer any of your questions. I used to get a recording at the nuerosurgeons but now a nurse or a nurses aide answers and they seem eager to help-if the nurse can't answer they will ask the doctor. Please ask first-we have to be our own advocates. Anyway I hope this finds you well and improving-take care, God Bless you and yours~

If something hurts and feels wrong...don't do it...sometimes we must use our own good judgement along this journey...~ Colleen