Yoga with aneurysms

I was an avid yoga enthusiast until I got my aneurysm diagnosis. I’ve read about potential dangers with yoga land unruptured aneurysms. What does everyone think? And have you spoken to any drs about the topic? Thanks!

I asked my doc- she basically said anything is ok in moderation. I wanted to try the ‘hot yoga’ but have decided not to…

1 Like

I love hot yoga, but like you I’m too scared. I’m also scared of the inversion poses and shoulder stand. I’ve been doing a bit at home but no classes.

1 Like

Even with coiling, I’d be afraid that I’d be compressing them.

Hi
I was frightened when I initially started exercising again but my physician says he wants me to exercise as long as my blood pressure stays under control. There seems to be a consensus about moderation as a key. I started yoga and only do the poses that don’t involve me dropping my head quickly. I do what I can and modify when I can’t. I’m starting again this week after a couple of weeks off. My plan is to start slow. Good luck. Have fun and as my doctor says live your life.
God bless you.
Sincerely
Lydia

1 Like

Lyd,

That's a great philosophy! Monitor and adjust!! Thx! I may try yoga afterall--

sunrise said:

Lyd,

That's a great philosophy! Monitor and adjust!! Thx! I may try yoga afterall--

Wow thats why I love this sight you learn so much. I am going to ask my Doctor I had not heard that Yoga was or could be dangerous. Now I am curious and will let you know what my Dr. says. I was told to give up karate and do not ride roller coasters that make your head bang against anything.

1 Like

Wow - I was never told about the yoga either. I’ll ask my doctor too - I was told everything in moderation and wear a helmut bike riding! Right now I’m shoveling very slowly, but it’s good to get outside and do a little work :slight_smile: I feel like I have slept for months and am now just waking up!!! I’m curious about the yoga…

I wasn't told about Yoga, but anything that will cause a g-force, like a roller coaster, anything that makes you go fast suddenly, speed boat, water skiing, ect. I need to check on Yoga as I have been doing it also, no issues so far, scared to try hot yoga though.

Hi Kit I had a discussion with my DR today re Yoga and the rely is yes but moderate and keep my blood pressure in check. I also asked about running and he said the same . He was very quick to say do not engage in high action sport. Point taken . My Annie is 4mm unraptured and monitoring every 6 months best wishes to you

Hi, I find blood rushing to my head a problem. I do yoga at home at my own pace. Definitely for me anything that places my head below the waist is a issue. Good idea about moderation and watching the blood pressure. I had to quit the gym it was terrible for my head. Good luck!

Hi, how you doing these days? Hope you’re well :slight_smile: sre you still doing Yoga and exercising?

Hi Mike! This is an older conversation, and it looks like some of the members are no longer active on the site. If you are looking for information on a specific topic you can start off by doing a search on the site, or posting a new question of your own.

Sharon from ModSupport