Recently diagnosed with 2 aneursysms behind my right eye

Hello,

I have just found out that I have two-2mm/each aneurysms right next to each other. Neurointerventionalist wants to see me back in 6 months to see if they have grown. Feels that possiblitiy of these rupturing is below 5% chance.

I of course being new to all this would like to know your advise or thoughts.

Has anyone been in this situation?

If so, did the aneurysms grow after time?

Thanks,

Laura

Hello Laura,

Sorry to hear of your aneurysms but very glad you've got the diagnosas (was it an incidental find?) as getting your periodic scans in really important now that you know you have them. Its recently come to light that a small aneurysm can rupture as easily as a larger one can, so what they'll be looking for is IF either of them have grown at all in your 6 month checkup, and then periodically thereafter. This is a great place to have landed though, you can get lots of information here. My best to you, Peace,

Janet

HI Laura ... I had an aneurysm coiled and then they found another behind my left eye...it was too small to do anything and it is watched yearly...and it has been 2 years...and to date hasn't grown...you will see this with many here at BAF ... it will take you time, but eventually...if you are doing all the right things to prevent rupture...no heavy drinking, no smoking, maintaining a healthy Bp, etc., you will in time be ok with having it ... I have more problems with the one I had treatment ... Wishing you a nice day ~ Colleen