RE: went to my appointment with neurosurgeon

I wanted to update everyone as to the result of my doctor's visit with the neurosurgeon I went to today. He feels as though my aneurysm leaked and may still be leaking or in a danger zone of rupture. Therefore, he is going to do an angiogram on Tuesday to take precise pics, a map if you will of the aneurysm, nerves, blood vessels etc. and when he is in there he will try to coil the aneurysm he will do it, there is a slight chance because of the size of the aneurysm neck, he will not be able to coil it...he will then have to go through my skull into the brain...we are hoping and praying he won't have to. Please say a prayer for me..also I see you are awake for the procedure? I am prone to panic, and panic more when I don't have control, like if you are under some meds...what exactly do they do, I forgot to ask him.

Hi Sheree...sounds like Doctor is on top of things for you...and this makes me glad...

For starters, you should call the office and ask them if you are sedated or not when having the procedure...ie., I had my first angiogram and they put me out for this one because they went and coiled the aneurysm...(you must be under anesthsia for coiling and/or clipping) ... they did this because mine was leaking...now...if you are not under anesthia...call and tell them about your panic...and you should be at least given something to put you in a twilight...

You have my Prayers...remember..."one step at a time..."....Gothca in my Heart...Colleen

Hi Sheree,

I was not awake for my coil procedure 3 and half weeks ago. I wish you the best of luck. Trust in your Doctors. I will definitely pray for you. Peggy

Hi Sheree, stay strong you can do this. Talk to your Doctor about your concerns and let him know you want to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible during the procedure. I don't know what they will give you but I do know it will relax you. After my angio coiling I was really restless, they gave me something and it really helped. I was glad they gave it to me. I didn't feel out of control either, like you I want to feel in control. Whatever they gave me just made me feel relaxed. :) My understanding is that the angiogram is the most accurate. My MRI_MRA test showed I had a 7mm with a wide neck. After having the coiling and stent procedure, I was told the anuerysm was only a 5-6mm. So please don't let your mind go to the negative. I know it is easier said than done but nothing good comes from worrying, trust me I know. I am praying for you and your family. Blessings to you, Jen

Thanks everyone for all your support, prayers and comforting words. I will let you know how things turn out as they progress. I'm so excited as I will be so busy this weekend on mindless chores on my farm, as my sister sent me $250 farm town cash! Any Facebook farmers in the mix you will appreciate my excitement! It will keep my mind off of next week and my family and I have a contest on who is getting to the higher levels the fastest, has brought all of us closer even though we live so far from each other. God bless everyone.

Sheree, congrats on getting thru your appointment...

Did he explain about the potential stent implant for the size of the neck?

I slept thru w/no memory of general anesthesia or the lesser type used w/angios...ingreients varied per my records...

Suggest you call the office and ask him/them about the anesthesia process...and, let them know of your panic attacks...ask about your positioning / securing on the angio table... if you can have enough med to keep you asleep or drowsy enough to panic...I have not a clue as to how much all the drugs vary, may vary beyond mine. the only ones seeming consistent are fentanyl and verced (midazolam?); the others varied...

Many prayers for Tuesday results.. .and, that you will call them tomorrow for your comfort...

Pat

Hi Pat, thanks...He did mention that usually they do the stent combo in this case but I'm not a candidate because of a small vessel??? So this has to work...I'm very thankful that they sent me to this outfit, their qualifications seem impressive and he has done many, this is all he does, invasive surgery.

Thanks Sue, that eases my mind...yes, not a "real" farm, it's my dream farm I never got to get. hehe