Question about 2nd annie

I had my clipping for a 7mm annie on June 21; this Thursday, June 25 I will see my surgeon for the 2nd time since I had it done. She has not said too much about my other one ( about 2mm) How long before they do another angiogram to examine it, or do they just do an MRI?

oops: July 25,not June 25

Not sure since I only had one annie that was clipped. My annie was 2mm but very thinned walled and funneling down towards my brain. A new study said, size doesn't predict rupture. I believe that article is posted on this website. A CTA might be done (CT scan with dye) although the trend is to not have too many CTs done due to findings in a study about too much exposure and brain tumors.

Let us know what your doctor says. Good luck!

Just got back from the doctor and got a good report on my healing. My other aneurysm is on the

carotid artery which is somewhere in my neck. These usually do not rupture. I will have a cat scan to check on the size next spring, unless I develop problems before that. If it grows or the surgeon feels surgery is necessary it is possible that it could be done with coils instead of the open craniotomy which I just had. I am to keep my blood pressure under control. It seems like I will always have something to think about, but for some reason I feel less worried. Thanks for asking!!