Another Aneurysm

I was experiencing dizziness and had fallen about six weeks ago. I initially thought I had an inner ear infection but my medical doctor did not reach the same conclusion. I contacted my neurosurgeon who sent me for the CT angiography. He told me that the Annies had increased in size and sent me for an cerebral angiogram. I was told that another Annie was found. In 2001, I had a rupture repaired with clipping. In 2002 I had one of the two unruptured Annies clipped,one was on the brain stem. I also experienced an infection of the flap in 2002 and had to have it replaced. Now almost 12 yrs later, I have another aneurysm. The doc thinks it is hereditary, 6 Annie survivors in family. I am thinking about not having the surgery. I would like to hear from others that have experienced a similar situation.

Liam,

It is a miracle that you have survived five surgeries. I appreciate your honesty and you sharing your story. Thank you for the advice .

Again Welcome Freedom...

Not sure what to tell you...but you are experiencing effects so that is very concerning...~ sending positive vibes that the best decision for You can be made...~ Colleen

Hi Freedom,

I can understand your dilemma....yet seeing that the annie's presence has been giving you symptoms and such...and a growing annie is one that is more likely to rupture..I don't know ! I guess alot would depend of how the neuro would want to fix it...another coil ? or clipping ? or..? again, its a tough call..but I hope you're able to decide whats right for you...Peace to you as you get thru this,

Janet

Thank you, Colleen.

Hi Janet,
My neurosurgeon has expressed clipping. However, he wanted to explore other options before making a final decision. We will meet on Dec 11th to discuss the process.