PTSD Therapy

I suffered a ruptured annie last year on April 30th and spent 24 days in Neuro ICU. Thankfully I was at work when it ruptured and was able to get to the hospital quickly otherwise neuro said I would have died.

I am fully healed (thank GOD) but have suffered extreme PTSD (anxiety and depression) I am on meds prescibed by my general practioner and have gone to at therpist several times. Unfortunately nothing is working it seems the more time that passes the worse I am becomming.

My question is has anyone suffering from this gone to see a neurophyscologist?? I'm at my wits end as to what to do next!!!

Heart goes out to you Tessa-Have had same experience w/depression/anxiety-Once I realized I had had the bleed I expected physical challenges but not the mental-My Doc finally did a combo of Buspar and Lamictal that helps-I also took up new hobbies-taught myself to crochet-these things are helping also-I am not familiar w/Neurophyscologist-my Doc is MD w/a Counseling Group-wishing you the best-marcia

Hi, Tessa. Are you inquiring about a Neuropsychologist? I see you are several hours from Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. I would contact the Duke Referral Center. You can call 919-■■■■■■■■. This is the main number. Request to be transferred to either the Referral Center who can tell you if there is someone closer to you OR ask to be transferred to the Neuropsychology Division. Tell them your need, they can direct you. I wish you the best! My Annie rupture with SAH was in April 2012, also.