Provigil (Modafinil)

Does anyone have any feedback on the drug Provigil? My mom gets 200mg daily of this medication. Did/Does this work for you? Have there been other or better meds prescribed to increase alertness? Also, how are the side effects of Provigil?

Thank very much friends!

Christie
: ]

hi christie, i think this is like morphine i had this when i was in hospital, it actually got rid of my pain when it was really bad but they only give it me when i really needed it, made me feel like i was drunk but is a good source of pain killer.x

This drug is actually given to keep patients awake. It is prescribed for people who suffer from Narcolepsy. Mom is getting this to help ,her stay awake and not feel the need to doze off the entire day. It’s not a pain killer. At present she isn’t on any pain meds.

It’s possible you were given this for the same reason and it made you feel dizzy. Since my mom can’t really communicate, I just wondered what she may be experiencing and if the drug has worked for others. I read the side effects were possible dizziness, nausea, increased heart rate etc.

: ]