Problems getting core and leg function back

Has anyone had problems with the return of core strength after being bed ridden for some time.

yes that is a huge problem, plus mental and physical fatigue, tc

Hello Ronk how are you doing? Have you experienced problems getting core strength back. Was it rehab that brought it back . What helped you? If you remember me we have talked many times. My husband has been laid up after aneurysm because of stage 4 bed wound. He has had to be bed bound for 10 months. He is regaining leg.function very well and his core on left side is getting strong. What did you do to get back and did it prevent you from regaining leg function? Thanks
Palhuc

Hiyas! I’m doing ok thanks. Great topic! I was concerned about core too and PT did nothing for it!! I asked and got no real answer, it was the old crabby lady, lol Fortunatey I had an cheap Abdominizer plastic chair thing to do sit ups in but it didnt seem to help and i quit but honestly i was a slacker cause i hate sit ups even ole normal! I cant get on the floor good so i did them on the couch, it has litte handles so you dont have to pull on your neck. I ride my recumbent bike trike but it rxhausts me for 2-3 days and i wonder if its good. I did go to a Phillies game w the Joe Neikro Foundation and borrowed a walker with a seat and surprised myself I only used seat once midway when family used the restroom! oh also i stand and bend sideways untill hand reaches the outside of my knee area to try to get ride of flabby. And mini squats and step ups and one where you stand sideways on steps and bend down till foot hits ground, I do 3 other leg ones lying down, tc have a great holiday!