Post coiling recovery

Hello Elise ,

My name is Amanda Today is actually my one year annie versary. I had a rupture of an annie I wasn't aware i had . It was coiled and I was in hospitol for a little over 2 weeks. I had to go back sept 23,2011 for more coils just because he didn't get as many in there as he felt I needed. My 3 hour surgery turned into 5 I woke up with a stent but no additional coils because he couldn't get them to stay put . I was bruised Everywhere . Arms, palms of hands, calfs, and feet . You will also be picking glue out of your hair . they place 15 needles in your head to monitor things they also place these same needles all over your body which is why i was so badly bruised . He put me on plavix and 325 aspirin a week before surgery assuming i would get a stent . I was on plavix for about 4 months . I will take a 325 aspirin everyday for the rest of my life .My groin has been sore ever since the last surgery . sept was the 4th time they had entered my femoral artery . twice for coiling and twice for an angio. I am going back next friday May 11 for more coils and possibly another stent . I'm becoming a veteran at this lol . I don't know if I'm too late if you have already had your surgery . If you have any questions you can feel free to find me on facebook . I wish you all the best .

Sincerely ,

Amanda Conrad

thank you jo!!!! :-) will do!

Thank you Amanda,

I will go on May 16th for another MRI and to discuss things again with my Dr. I don't have a date for my surgery yet. I will keep everyone posted when I know more. I appreciate all the support more than everyone knows!!!!

Thank you Cathy! Best wishes to you!

Slowing down is never something I have been able to do. I will learn! This shall be a humbling experience to say the least! Thank you Kathy

Thank you for the advice, Deb. I hope you feel better soon!!!! :)

Congrats on the return to work Gwen! stay positive ! :)

Hi Elise, I had coiling on a 6 mm Annie on my ICA in Dec. 2011. Mine was an unruptured wide- necked but my doc used a balloon to keep the coils in place. I know I am one of the lucky ones! I have had no headaches, no issues with pain or even tiredness. I was in the ICU for one night and released the next. If I do have to go back for more coils in years to come I am still comforted that my quality of life has remained so high. I am 38 and have a 2 year old son and another on the way- Slowing down isn’t a good option;)Although I know many people are forced into slowing down! I pray whatever decisions you make you have the same blessings and good luck with your exams!!!