Pipeline stent

After five years of back and too my aneurysm has now grown to 7mm and they want to put a pipeline stent in. Any success stories here?

This now being offered to me too so I would also be interested to hear…

Im preparing for a pipeline for two annies on March 2, will let you know, this is my first time, no prior coils etc, wish me well, ty

Im preparing for a pipeline for two annies on March 2, will let you know, this is my first time, no prior coils etc, wish me well, ty

I've had successful occlusion of a 7.5mm annie of the PICA via PED placed July 21, 2015. Have you joined the PED group on this site to get more info?

No. But I will do so, thank you!

I have had a coil and a pipeline sent in September for a 4mm aneurysm, so far so good,

dull headaches and sometimes over stimulation as far as bright lights and noise.

Christa said:

I have had a coil and a pipeline sent in September for a 4mm aneurysm, so far so good,

dull headaches and sometimes over stimulation as far as bright lights and noise.

thanks Christa, feel well, to continued healing, Ive struggled with bright lights and noise for decades,w ho knows, maybe it will go away, Anafa

My aneurysm is 3/4 of an inch long my dr said they only coil if it’s bigger than 10 millimeters . Guess they can prevent the aneurysm from getting bigger !!
Hope y r feeling better bed rest
Really helped me I slept a real lot !!

Google ’ emboilazation of the right optic nerve ’ . 1 the coiling 2 pipeline
Iam doing wonderful .
The only set back is that Iam partially blind in my right eye it’s looks like cracked when I close my left eye . Dr says yes it should heal all the way . This operation could’ve
Left us blind , nursing home or end up like us …success stories . Or
Died on the operating room !!
Theses dr do this day in day out like
We we the papers . Have faith in your dr there brilliant dr’s !!

I had a pipeline on my Annie, opthamalic and carotid branch in 2012. Took longer to heal than they said… Realize that it has to occlude and shrink, but felt much better a year later, almost normal at 2 year mark, and jus plain back to normal currently. Much better than the daily months long headache I was experiencing prior. Still get weather migraines when the barometer rises quickly, or ocular migraine when in sun at wrong time, but I know what works for me now. I can’t tell you what to do, just my story. I missed my sons three year old year, don’t remember hardly anything from that first year of recovery but a lot of pain and depression, probably because they said I’d be back to work in 3 months, and because of that I pushed myself to go back when in hindsight I should have taken more time off. If you work in a loud job or one where you talk a lot (I’m a teacher), plan ahead. My own voice triggered migraines for a long time, and taking control of a class I’d never taught (long term sub) was the most challenging teaching experience of my life. Glad to be around for a long while though… Worth it to me, and watch and wait was not a good decision for me. Good luck with your choice!

1 Like

Barbara Baione said:

My aneurysm is 3/4 of an inch long my dr said they only coil if it's bigger than 10 millimeters . Guess they can prevent the aneurysm from getting bigger !!

I had a pipeline, it moved and caused a stroke in 2013 (52) They went back in and coiled it 18 months later. A big discussion for you…but if I had to do it again, I would have the coil.

Booty64 said:

Barbara Baione said:

My aneurysm is 3/4 of an inch long my dr said they only coil if it's bigger than 10 millimeters . Guess they can prevent the aneurysm from getting bigger !!
I would get a 2nd opinion Barabara.

I had the Pipeline inserted in 2012. Ithe was a great decision! Recovery is ok. Slight headache for about a month, a little tired for a month or so…but I’m still doing great!

2 Likes

Hey Karen, You bet I am a success story: On June 17, 2015 I had 2 Flex-Pipeline Embolization Devices (Flex-PED) inserted across my large 18mm R-ICA wide neck aneurysm. The surgery is minimally invasive so recovery time is much quicker than other invasive procedures. I was overnight in Neuro-ICU and except for my eye issue below, I only felt tired. I had just had a planned hand surgery one month before and that took longer to heal than my PED surgery.

My aneurysm did not rupture which also helped in quicker healing time It was discovered when it bulged against my optic nerve and III & IV Nerve Palsy shut down my right eye completely, also double/quad and blurred vision occurred at that time. With the pressure of the aneurysm removed my vision has continued to heal well.

I have one smaller aneurysm to be fixed with a PED this spring and am very confident I will have an even quicker recovery. Have faith in your Doctors and the Hospital you will be at. We are so lucky to be offered this device to help us heal. Good Health to You...

1 Like

I had a pipeline in August 2013 and another in April 2014. I had mirror aneurysms, two on each side of my brain. Recovery was smooth. I was glad I was a candidate for this procedure due to it not being invasive. (The thought of my head being cut open terrified me). All 4 annies have occluded and I go to the neurosurgeon once a year for an MRI. Unfortunately one Annie was putting pressure on my optic nerve for a long time causing permanent damage so I have little vision in my right eye but I’m alive and able to see my children grow. :slight_smile:

I had PED placed in RICA aneurysm (5mm) in July 2012. Holding beautifully. Headaches and dizziness for 6-9 months but clear now. Sometimes ocular migraines and stress headaches but those are manageable.

I had a 12mm Annie in 2010 and they put a pipeline stent in via my main artery in my leg. Amazing! I fully recovered with a few weeks. You will do just fine Karen.

I had a pipeline placed in my 8 mm Annie in November 2014. Over night in the hospital and one day of rest and I felt strong enough to stay home with my toddler. No problems or side effects since!

1 Like