Pipeline Stent

I had a pipeline stent inserted for my 26mm unruptured carotid artery aneurysm on 3rd October 2012. The aneurysm was found on MRI after I had developed double vision and a squint in my left eye. I had headaches as a way of life and had put these down to having high blood pressure and being over weight. Following diagnosis I started having dizzyness, worsenig problems with my eye due to the pressure from the aneurysm on my 6th cranial nerve and increasing head pains. The anerysm is located in the cavernous sinus so clipping and coiling were not options available to me and as I am only 49 I didn't want to take the option of ballooning. As this is a fairly new procedure I don't seem to get any consistent answers to my questions. I live in England and I know things will be a bit different but if anyone can answer my questions from their own experience/knowledge I would be so grateful. My questions are- Can I now assume that as the blood flow is good and most of the double vision has resolved the aneurysm will not give me any further problems? Is it OK for me to exercise vigorously? Is there anything I should do other than keeping blood pressure and weight under control to prevent further aneurysms? Basically can I just relax and put this all behind me?

Hii Jennifer,
Welcome to Basf and to the PED fantastic team…
I got the PED in Milan on January, 2010 ( my annie rupture Was on february ,2009).
Did you already have the first Angiò scan check? Is the annie fully occluded ?
If yes I think you can came back to your normal life, but please ask it to your doctor.
I Did not have any further problem from the annie, and I exercise vigorously 5 Times for week.
You can get more info on PED group.
Take care of you and good luck.
Giovanni

I've been wondering the same thing - about exercise. I know high blood pressure can attribute to the growth of an aneurysm but why do you mention your weight? I didn't know that had anything to do with aneurysms.

You need to ask your Doctors about the exercise, etc., I know I was coiled and for me...I went back slowly ... from walking, to exercise, then to weights, and then cardio exercise ... now almost 3 years from coiling and I am back to running...and my aneurysm has not occluded...I found a little at a time and increased my stamina...if anything hurts or has pressure on head and/or dizzy...I stop that particular activity...Have you been rechecked at this point? ~ Colleen

Thanks. I had a CT scan with dye in April instead of an angio check as I had some pain at that time. They said it was fully occluded so with what you have said I should be ok with the gym.

My weight ( I was very obese) was a cause of the high blood pressure. I lost 7 stones to get my weight to a healthy BMI and my blood pressure was then normal without meds. I never felt healthier and then about 6 months later I got double vision and they found the aneurysm. I felt cheated! But at least they found it before it burst.

Mine is apparently occluded and the blood flow through the stent is good. The surgeons said 2 weeks after op I could do anything but didn't advise bungee jumping. Then at 6 months post op the neurologist said not to do anything strenous including getting constipated and straining on the toilet! Thats why I am confused.