Double vision and leg pain

Hi my name is Ashley, I am 25 years old and just had a pipeline procedure done for a giant aneurysm behind my left eye (not ruptured) on 8-21-2012. Before the surgery, I had no signs of the aneurysm, besides a small droop in my eyelid that began in March. After going to the doctor for the droopy eyelid, they did an MRI and found the aneurysm was 17 mm and recommended the Pipeline.

The procedure went perfectly and I was back to work in 5 days, functioning pretty normally. But after 2 weeks of feeling completely normal, I started to have double vision in my left eye. I never had double vision before the surgery or any vision problems at all. My double vision is so bad now that I can't drive or do much else. The doctor's say it is part of the healing. I am just wondering if anyone else experienced double vision after the surgery and if it got better, how long it took? The last few days I have also been having intense pains/numbness in my legs. I am not sure if this is because I am reducing my steroids dosage now or if I am getting blood clots in my legs, but they hurt so bad I have trouble sleeping. Anybody else experience this post surgery? I was doing so well recovering and now I am feeling somewhat discouraged. I know I am probably just trying to do to much too fast and need to take it easy.

Thanks for any answers/advice!! I really appreciate it.

Hi Ashley and welcome to the PED Group. I had my PEDs placed over 15 months ago, and my annies were found incidentally when I went to the ER for arm pain. I never had any symptoms as you have experienced, and I hope that someone in the Group can help you in that respect.

I do encourage you to seek medical assistance for the problems with the pain in your legs as soon as possible. It is always better to be safe and let a medical professional make the proper diagnosis.

Please remember that you are so new to your recovery and that you will have good and bad days alike. I will promise you, however, that every day will get a little better and better.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and, again, welcome!

Linda

Dearest Ashley, I also had a giant aneurysm Ped. It was jun21. I am still having vision problems in my right eye(the aneurysm, was behind my right eye), but went to two dr. and they seem unconcerned..grrr. I am thinking, thank you God for my other eye. I did go get a much stronger scipt in my glasses. WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE IS: take it easy!!!everyone on this site will tell you that. Young or old, you must rest, rest, rest, for 6 weeks. You had BRAIN surgery. Stay in bed.Take you aspirin and Plavix.I started yoga and exercise class last week. I feel 90%. Most problems I think are post stress. Leg pain??I would call your doc.Let me know Ashley. I am thinking of you. Sincerely.Denise

Thanks so much for the responses. I talked to my doctor about the leg pain and it turns out that the pharmacy made an error in the directions on my steroids. So, I started taking a much lower dosage too soon and had major withdrawal symptoms, including huge swelling of my legs and pain. But it has gone down now and I think I am going to be fine. As for the vision, it helps to know that others experienced the same thing. Thanks so much for your encouragement, supportive words and prayers. They mean a lot to me. Denise, I will be praying for your recovery as well, especially your vision!

I had my 2nd PED on 9/13/12 and I have also had numbness on my leg and burning sensation. My leg has been every sore and senstative to touch. Weird because my numbness is not consistent. It comes & go and maybe it has to do with my activity. If I do too much then my leg hurts. I also had trouble sleeping. I called Dr and she called in a prescription. Within 48 hr I was feeling better. 1 week later the numbness and burning sensation was back and I noticed a bruise next to my knew. My skin was very sensative. I have not had any numbness or burning sensation in 2 days but my leg is still sore. I have my follow up appt on 10-9 so I will definitely ask the Dr about it again