Over sensitive?

So, it’s been a bit crazy. First I was told that I could have my surgery on the 27th and my mom was upset with the fact my brother was bringing his kids to see her. However, the doctors office messed up and they pushed it till July 10. Great. Everybody’s happy, maybe not me, but everybody else. Then I find out that they can get me back at the original date as long as I get my CTA in. I call my mom back to tell her I what they said, but I’ve decided to stay at July 10. I wasn’t expecting a party or accolades, but it would’ve been nice for her to say thank you were a nice thing to do. Lord knows, my brother would never do that. She’s been having some ailments herself, and then that would probably prevent her from coming to my surgery but then again, I don’t live in her body. But she very off the cuff and a bit snarky said well I don’t know if I’m gonna come to your surgery. I’m having brain surgery. And you’re telling me you’re not going to come? I don’t think she meant it that way, but it sure came out that way. It’s hard because my dad died a year ago. There are a lot of things I could say that may not be the best, but there are some things that I can say are very helpful. In the situation my dad would’ve taken hold of things and said nope. Your health is more important and your brother will just have to figure it out another time. And even if he couldn’t come to my surgery, he wouldn’t tell me that at that time. Because I know that he would push Helen Highwater to get here.
Ugh families

2 Likes

It sounds like your insurance provider and the hospital settled things since they’re working out a plan for your craniotomy so that’s good. Depending on her age and ailments, she may be having a tough go of it and sounds a bit overwhelmed with the needs of her children and her needs. I’m really glad to read you’re taking the high road with her. It’s not an easy thing to do sometimes when we, ourselves, are stressed. Good for you!

2 Likes

I’ll add in, you’re definitely not being over sensitive. If there was ever a time to be focused on yourself and your needs, this would be it. Surround yourself with people who want to be there.

Even if friends can’t come see you while you’re in the hospital, they can send messages. And when you’re back home they can stop by, bring meals, spend time, etc.

Sharon

2 Likes

Thank you. Intake to heart what you have said, biggest take away , it is not about them.
Still trying to get approval for the actual surgery. It makes physically sick and hard to go to work.

Have you asked your insurance provider why? I am still thinking it’s the actual big contract between the two, everyone wants the most money they can get. I understand, but it sure leaves us in a conundrum.

hi, overwhelmed is a better description. Being sensitive is expected. Hang in there, things will work out. I totally get your edgyness, I miss my Dad too, he was ww2 Army vet so everything was in perfect order, now all weght is on my shoulders! Think positive as much as possible, meditate /pray, get out of the moment, look ahead 5 years and visualize yourself in your dreams and happy place. This technique works even when i doubted it awaiting coil surgery. Prayers for you all, tc

1 Like