Out of the blue

A few people have asked for my road to health story, which I’m still traveling, so here ya go.
I had the axe to the top of my head pain out of the blue. I thought I was having my very first migraine and believed it would pass. Ten hours later in the ER they told me there was blood in my brain from the CT scan. I didn’t know what to think. I had never heard of a subarachnoid hemorrhage. The angiogram confirmed a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. The doctors thought it was too small to clip and thought they were going to have to rap it instead.
When they open my head they found that the aneurysm was larger than they thought and they were able to use clipping. I spent the next ten days in the ICU heavily medicated. In my mind, I went on a trip to the beach, to see my mom, see old friends, nothing scarey at all.
When I came home I realized what had really happened. I received some home care nursing for a couple of weeks. Once all the anti-vasospasm medication were finished, I slow stared to return to myself.
As of today I am 7 weeks post craniotomy and feeling pretty well most of the time. The head aches are much much less and I’m down to a couple of Tylenol a day. I’m walking daily and enjoying my art class.
Other than the blurry right eye, which I hope will clear I’m almost back to myself. I still have to rest and I’m careful not to over do. There is life after the storm.

Thanks Sue, prayers work! One of the hardest things for me is learning how to rest. Never been a strong suit for me.

Hi Cindy...You keep on healing...and keep on doing good...this was very inspiring...Cyber~continued healing thoughts your way ~ Colleen

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for sharing your story. The axe to the top or “down the middle” of my head is also what I experienced when my Annie ruptured in 1969 ( the time before CAT scans and MRIs). I am very happyl to read how well you are recovering.

Thanks be to God!

Carole

Glad you are doing so well Cindy!!! You are doing very well for 7 weeks!!! Prayer DOES work!!!

Thanks Nikki, hope you a well.