3rd Followup Angiogram today - A Bit Nervous

This will be my 3rd angio in about 2 years. The reason for the constant follow-up is that after the first angio the doc said the coils have compacted some. The second shows the cois compacted and part of the neck of the anuerysm is not exposed. At that time thjere wasn,t enough room to add more coils and there were too mnay coils for surgery. We took the wait and see approach. Well today 10/2012 is that day. Wish me luck!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Tony. Please check back in with us when you are up to it and let us know that all went well.
@ Jo, the same goes for you, too:) Will be thinking of you Tuesday and please check back in soonest.
Take Care, Mary

wow tony! 3 !! i've had 2 -one during recoiling since mine compacted too -i think nervousness is normal no matter how many times we have these, will keep you in our thoughts & prayers for the best outcome possible-let us know please

Good luck! Maybe 3rd time will be the charm. Praying for wisdom for the doctors that they will know the next plan of action for your aneurysm. Hang in there and don't give up hope.

Well the results are in. It appears the coils have compacted to the point that something else needs to be done to avoid another rupture. The Dr. sat with my wife and me and went over some options. Pipeline device, Clipping, Stint with more coils and ONX. The final option was continued wait and see, which he really doesn't recommend sine the past 3 angios are sowing increases compaction regardless of how slow it is progressing.

We will be doing a consult with two different doctors next week and probably schedule something soon. I almost expexted this result, but it still wasn't any fun hearing it. I'll post the update for my consultation new week.

So I have a question to anyone on the forum. Have any of you had a second coiling with stent procedure? If so what were the long and short term results or complications? Thank you!

hi tony- sorry about the news & i have no stent but if you ask on the forum or blogs more will see it and reply- the only reason i saw this is because my earlier reply directed me here . best of luck to you! no offense but i think the drs opinion matters the most-be wary of horror stories on this or any other site- im sure their are failed stories of all 4 options they give you-and also success stories galore of all 4 - i hope you get some good input to make the best choice. effects of second coiling with stent would be the same as first i think but im not a dr but i understand your need for input, i would too! thanks for the update-i'll keep you & yours in my thoughts & prayers!

Here is a follow-up to my original post. These images show the problem. You can see the very bright areas in the artery that are filled with platinum, and the darker areas marked 1 and 2 are filed with blood. The blood is going back into the sac about half way due to coil compaction. These images are form 10/2/1012. The first images I have seen show no blood flow into that sac at all after the coiling procedure. The thing has actually changed shape as well.

Because I have different opinions from the 2 doctors I have been working with, I have all my records and images together and plan to get a second opinion soon. Stay tuned . . .

375-residual1Crop.JPG (23 KB) 376-residual2crop.JPG (16.8 KB) 377-residual3Crop.JPG (24.4 KB)

Oh Gosh Tony...this sounds like what has happened to me....and we to are "watching and waiting" ... I can only imagine how you are feeling...please know right now I said a small prayer and sent some positive vibes...that all is good...please keep us posted...Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen