My Story

Hi Everyone,

I've started a video blog that will document my journey post diagnosis and on for my unruptured brain aneurysm. I hope that this well help others going through the same journey as well as friends/family/loved ones of those that have been diagnosed.

Feel free to share with whomever you'd like. The more awareness we can get out there, the better the chances are that people will get themselves checked out, especially if they are experiencing any issues!

Love and prayers to all of you in this group!

http://youtu.be/FgQ5WigHoYU

Thanks,
Melissa

Great video blog! My aneurysm was discovered in 2002 after a head injury. It was thought to be about 5mm in size and represented more of a risk to do surgery at that time than to watch it. I was 45 at the time (and I live in the Dallas area too). Last month, the team at UTSW decided it’s time to clip so surgery is scheduled the first week in November. Generally, I’ve been very calm about having an aneurysm for the last 11 years but was well aware of potential risky activities. Exercising hasn’t been as active & strenuous as I would have liked, no wild rides at Six Flags or Disney with the kids… I’m not excited about surgery but I am looking forward to being healed and getting back to being more athletic again - assuming all goes well with surgery.