My Mama's Story

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:06 PM, CST

Notifications

written by Paul Carnahan
Hoping to get out of here
Verna woke me up this morning at 4:00 and asked me to get her “out of here.” She’s been quite miserable with back and neck pain from lying in bed. The doctors tell me that the daily CT scans show that her brain is looking good. They say that her lack of responsiveness is due to being tired and the pain medication she is getting. Overall, the doctors think she is progressing quite well. They closed the drain this morning to see how she tolerates it until Friday. Friday is the day they take the drain out. If she tolerates it well, they will not have to put a permanent shunt in, which is what they’re hoping for. Her cranial pressure has been staying down quite well today which is a good sign. Another positive is that Donna and Teresa visited this morning, and Verna told them that she loves them. I’m finding that I need a lot of patience and hope during this time, and I appreciate all of your support and prayers.

This was written by my Dad the one that has more patience than anyone could imagine,He is a great man . I am on vacation from work next week so when I get off on saturday nite I am on the way to the hospital to be there for these two special people, I feel awful not being able to be there as much as I wanted but next week I will make up for it, My job takes up 11 hours 6 days a week of my time so it has been a bit difficult for me and I want to thank the special people who have made me feel so much better and hopeful than i ever could have been , This site and foundation rocks

Hi Mark...

I love that your family is writing the days since your mom has been in the Hospital...it will be good for her to read in time...

Be sure to give Dad a break...he is a "caretaker" and they too need to take care of themselves...

The brain takes lots of rest and time to heal...God Speed ... Colleen

yes it is colleen and I have a very new one I am going to post as soon as I finish this reply...

but ya know I or the rest of us could not get Dad away ,he has shown what I have always believed that he is a great great man, he's a godsend for all of us