My introduction

I had a burst aneurysm on May 1st last year. The bleed was the size of a tennis ball and was corrected by a craniotomy at the Cleveland Clinic, which left me paralyzed on my left side and loss of peripheral vision. I have been able to rehab to the point that I am walking and vision is slowly coming back. I hope to be able to drive again this spring. I am an active 71 year old male, I exercise and I am trying to continue to be active on the treadmill, light weights for the upper body, and the stationary bike. My wife owns and directs a preschool for 3,4, and 5 year olds. I help out with security, drop off and pick-up. I am a retired teacher and coach after 37 years. I get plenty of support and help from my family. My lovely and beautiful wife has been very supportive and helpful throughout this experience. I have 8 grand children that range from 8 months to 15 years that are very active that help in my support. I am grateful and thankful, thank you God.
I am staying positive and have much more to share. Any suggestions on continued rehab activities?
Dan

Hello Dan and welcome!! My God, the size of a tennis ball !? I take it your aneurysm was clipped? Where was the Monstor and what were your symptoms?? I've had two aneurysms, one in 98 , a rather large tri-loped thing that was pressing against my right optic nerve, (clipped) and another in 2006 (coiled, coil failed in 2010, subsequently had a clipping to fix ) Been great ever since, thank God. Glad to see all is going well for you it sounds , Take care, Janet

I had a burst aneurysm with a bleed area the size of a tennis ball which was corrected by a craniotomy, I was paralysed on the left side and lost peripheral vison. I have been able to rehab and am able to walk, vision is coming back and hoping to drive in the spring.

hello and welcome dan, congrats to you for making it !!!!! It sounds like you have good support which is important. I had a sah 2011 with some coils-it however, has a wide neck so I continue to be watched. I was so lucky and have recovered completely-back to work- feel great. I wish you a complete recovery and keep up the good work!! donna w

Your post is enlightening and the positive energy is addicting....~ Thanks for sharing...~ Colleen

hi dan! sounds like your doing well- I sound very similar to you, mine was 3 yrs ago but pt platued me and gave me exercises to do at home. I got stretch bands and ankle weghts at walmart.we'll keep you in our thoughts &prayers for great improvement!