My 8 year old daughter has an aneurysm

Hi everyone. Our family received the news yesterday that my 8 year old daughter has an aneurysm. She had been having visual problems, (everything would look like she was seeing through black lace) so her neurologist had a MRI done. It is located on her left side of the brain, near the optic nerve. Her neuro is consulting with other doctors because he said this is rare in children. After basically running on auto-pilot yesterday I am now looking for answers. I have been reading as much as possible about them, but most of everything doesn't seem to cover pediatrics. Any information would be great if you have it. I am not sure if there is anything I should keep her from doing (swimming, playing, etc) or what to do. Unfortunately I couldn't think of all these questions yesterday while talking to the doctor. Thank you in advance.

Julie

Julie...welcome...and, I wish you did not need this site!!!

There is a Group site...(can't look at it while I type) on Pediatrics...similar word...

I have not a clue how active all of them are because, as your neuro told you, aneurysms are rare w/children...

Prayers for your best research and all the f/up care and recovery...you are blessed that it has been diagnosed early...

Pat

P.S. Pediatrics is on the second page of the Groups listing...

Hi Julie~ so sorry to hear this--i would call them-usually the nurses can answer the general questions-if not they will ask dr for you- good luck with everything-keeping you in thoughts and prayers~please let us know when you can~

Hello Julie,

My God, what a shock this has to be for you and your family! there are at least 2 or 3 others on this website who've also had to endure this nightmare scenario with their children. Recently a post from an a lovely woman in the UK came in, and her 10 year old had also been diagnosed. Perhaps you can get some feedback from her, look for CarolineUK in the member directory, I'm sure she'd be someone you may want to connect with.

Did the Doctor say what size the aneurysm is or suggest the next possible step? Do aneurysms happen to run on either sides of the family? Please keep everyone updated on your findings, and personally I'd want to curtail at least some of your daughters activities for the time being, certainly the strenuous ones, until you know what the course of action will be. Peace to you Julie as you go thru this, my prayers as well. Janet

Again Welcome Julie...Write down questions and have it with you when you speak with the Doctors ... also, be sure to have someone else along with you...remember you have my prayers ~ Colleen