MRA results question

Hi guys

I just got the results from my scheduled MRA to check the status of my Basilar artery aneurysm which I had coiled in May 2011. The findings say " No significant interval change in approximately 6mm focus of flow within the right lateral aspect of the neck of a basilar artery aneurysm coil ball from previous MRA in October 2012". Neurosurgeon happy with that so all is good.

My question is, when reading the Radiologists report it says " There are several prominent hyperintense lesions in the left cerebral peduncle compatible with perivascular Virchow-Robin spaces. Consultant never mentioned this and it is only now I have received a copy of the report. Just wondering has anyone any experience with this? There are limited articles on the internet. Thank you for reading

Cody

Cody, That is really interesting. I have MS and that has never come up on all my regular MRIs and one MRA prior to my rupture. I am waiting on a copy of my latest MRI report (not sure it will show that kind of detail without the MRA) and am interested to see if they mention it. It looks like it is indicative of vascular issues, which we haveā€¦

I hope there is someone else out there that can provide more insight.

Best,

Rosie

Hi Cody...I would call your Doctor's office and tell them the findings of the Radiologist...it may be an oversight by the Neurologist...and they could better explain... ~ Keep us posted...~ Colleen

Thank you for your replies. Yes I think it is an oversight as well so I will call tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment.

It does seem to be vascular related alright.

I will keep you posted.