MRA w/ COW vs CT Scan w/ conflicting results

Hello! This is my first time posting my question/concern in the right place…hopefully.
I am a 39 yr old female that has had a positive MRA the last 5yrs. The MRA shows a stable 2mm supraclinoid left internal carotid aneurysm at the level of the opthalmalic artery. The aneurysm hasn’t ever shown up on a CTA. I haven’t had an angiogram completed . I have a history of severe migraines (& high cholesterol) which is what prompted the MRA initially. The conflicting results have been slowly eating away at me for years. I am considering having an angiogram this year at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. I am just curious to know if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them as far as conflicting results & what came of it? Any input is GREATLY appreciated😊

1 Like

Hi Trudy - I had a SAH 1/4 with bilateral coiling - not the same type as yours - it was the posterior communicating but after I was released from the hospital - I went to the ER a week or so later for dehydration and vomiting and had a CT at the ER - nothing abnormal. So when I went back for my followup angiogram I was thinking that would be normal also. Not so. Had stent placed on 4/23 due to the results of the angiogram - residual aneurysm. I don’t know if that helps you with your decision. Prayers sent

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry you went back & had to receive news like that. However, I am glad they took care of it. I am going to the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion this month. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

I’m hopeful that your 2nd opinion turns our favorably. Many prayers.

1 Like

Thank you! I do have a small aneurysm with a very small chance of rupture.:blush:

1 Like