Mood swings

Hi,I was diagnosed with an unruptured aneursym on 09/16/11.I am schedueled for coiling on 11/28/11,the waiting for the surgery is so hard,I find myself crying all the time,it’s hard to describe,I can’t seem to think of anything else,my hair is falling out,all I want to do is sleep.

Doreen,

I know just how you feel and I'm sure there are more out there that have had the same reaction. My hair was falling out too, but, I never related it to the annie. That is strange, I just thought it was hormones, but, now it's not falling out anymore, so, I guess it could be related.

Sleep is a good thing and that's part of it. I will keep you in my prayers to give you strength to move forward. It's a long process.

Big Hugs,

Karen

I know how you are feeling. Keep in mind you are not alone. God is with you Just trust in him. Keep up the faith. Hugs and kisses

Hi Dorren

Hang in there Doreen,

the waiting is truly the hardest stepping stone, try to think of each day as a step closer to your recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Best Wishes

Gaynor

Hi Doreen what you are feeling is so normal...you need to ask your Doctor if he/she could give you something to help you relax...and my Neuro also said...go out and walk and walk...the endorphins will help the mood swings...

The waiting is the roughest...Hang in there...Cyber~thoughts your way...Colleen

Hi Doreen and welcome to BAF!

Everything you are feeling is quite normal, ask any of us who have been through it. It is important that you speak with your doctor and ask him/her to prescribe something to help keep you in a calm state until the surgery. I only had to wait 10 days for my surgery and it was the longest 10 days of my life!

That being said, finding BAF has been a blessing for me and I wish I had found it before my annies were discovered. You will find that outside of your own personal support system, herein lies the greatest support you will ever get in your "new" life.

Please know that everyone here "gets" what you are going through and you don't have to go through it alone. Read around the forum and the blogs and learn the stories of others. I have found myself that it helped tremendously in my healing.

Best wishes to you in your upcoming journey and may God bless you.

Linda

Doreen, I second what everyone has said. My hair fell out significantly while I was on Tamoxifen for breast cancer ten years ago. My oncologist said that it was not the medicine persay that was causing it to fall out - it was the stress of the medication on my body. Stress can really do a number on your body. I was taking Ativan prior to my surgery (although I only had to wait 3-4 weeks). My annie also was unruptured in the basilar tip - where is yours?

I just had the surgery 2 weeks ago, so I know how scary everything is - do you have a support system? It sounds also as if you are depressed (who wouldn't be with what we are facing?). If you have a good PCP, I think you really need to get in fast. Let us know how you are doing.

Sherri

Hi Doreen and welcome to the group! I too was recently diagnosed with an unruptured annie discovered by accident…I found out in mid August, don’t even remember the date, and it’s been a blur since then. What you are feeling is so normal…I have been to two doctors, scheduled an angio, had it canceled by mistake and am now rescheduled for it for this Thursday. Still not sure what route to take, intervention or wait and watch, until results of the angio are in. I have had good days and bad ones since the diagnosis, but I try to keep positive and focus on the good things in my life, if only for the sake of my blood pressure! Your hair falling out sounds like stress for sure, and this is a very stressful thing to have…it is a double edged sword to know for sure…for the first few weeks I was afraid to get out of bed! But I have realized I can’t live my life in fear, and I hope you are able to move forward as well. It does take time, but if you need to vent, this is the perfect place to do it! It’s also the place to find a wealth of information if you are seeking that as well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and I hope you will find comfort and support from those around you as well as all of us on here! My best to you…

Hi Karen,I hope my hair stops falling out,I guess it’s not that big of a thing in comparison to the rest.The waiting is the hardest part,not knowing how it will go,will I still be myself,so many questions.Thank you for sharing your story with me,it really helps to know I am not alone,Doreen

Hi Sheri,I am depressed and terrified,my annie is a 5-6 mm paraopthalmic pointing upwards.I have an appointment with a neuro-opthamologist on the 18th,hope my sight will be ok,will talk to my pmd about somthing to keep me calmThank you Doreen

i know it's hard but you need to save some energy for the rest after surgery, don't waste it.

Doreen, have been thinking of you and hoping you are less anxious than when you posted previously. I have had my angiogram and have decided to have surgery on 11/21, exactly one week prior to you. I have come to terms with it and am peaceful and calm, because to keep on stressing and obsessing uses up important energy we need to recover from the surgery. I am to have the Pipeline stent put in, no coils I don't think.....maybe some glue...gosh, almost sounds like I am doing a craft project! It has helped me to share with my friends and family, who constantly reassure me and keep my spirits lifted. I have also found walking on the beach with my dog to be very calming....I do it at least twice a day. It takes my mind off the annie and procedure coming up. I've been house cleaning and generally keeping busy so I don't obsess and I have found that I am not nearly as depressed or upset or nervous about it. Having made the decision, and being 100% confident in my surgeon, has lifted the burden off my shoulders...I just can't wait to do it and be able to move forward. Just keep busy, and keep thinking positive...I have been where you are, we all have at one time or another, and many of us will have our ups and downs, that's why we are all on here, to help one another. Please know I am here if you need anything....sharing unburdens you and leaves you a bit lighter, so please feel free to share! Thoughts, prayers and hugs coming your way!

Hi Cece,It's 11/26/11 so I am thinking your procedure was last Monday,I hope you can post some good news on here,when you are up to it.I am having mine on 11/28/11,just two more days.I am still very anxious but want to get past it,my thoughts are with you,update us when you can Love Doreen

Doreen-we have all been on that roller coaster....you will feel so much better once this has been put behind you and you can begin living your life again without the worry of rupture! You will be in my thoughts and prayers this Monday as you undergo your surgery. Please make sure someone lets us know how things went...this is a tenacious group, and they will find out one way or the other! May God Bless you and keep you safe.

Cece

Hi Cece,Thank you for writing,for your thoughts and your prayers.This group has been an enormous help and I want to give back the support and love I have found here.I will let you know as soon as I can how things go.Love Doreen