Miracle survivor

3 years ago I was going through upgrade training at American Airlines. I’ve been a pilot there for 32 years, was a Navy pilot before that being hired in 1992 after desert Storm.
I started having a difficult time in the simulator, first time in 30+ years. They sent me home for a break and while home I had a killer head ache. The next day I was taking a nap when my wife got home from work I was still asleep on the couch. She had difficulty getting me to wake up and when I finally woke I was displaying sighs of a stroke. She saved my life by immediately calling 911 and getting me to the hospital. MRI showed 33mm, size of a golf ball, aneurysm on right communicating artery. Surgery was next morning. Endo vascular coiling, it was just in time because aneurysm started to leak at attachment point. Now 3 years later my doctors say I can get back to work. Waiting on FAAs go ahead now🤞.
So thankful for my wife and kids support and prayers. Really a miracle I survived. I guess God has got more for me to do here. I pray I am ready when my services are needed.
Thanks for the group May God bless you all.

9 Likes

@Pilotpacking
This is wonderful news for us to hear. Congratulations to a successful surgery and recovery. To be able to get a second lease of life is something to be really thankful for. I’m sure your post will be helpful and bring hope for many of our members. God bless and thank you for your service :heart_hands:

6 Likes

How wonderful you’ve not only survived a rather large aneurysm but you’ve been cleared to fly again! Here’s hoping the FAA clearance is a go, I’d fly with you anytime as it would be my honor. Hug your wife for me please sir, tell her I said thank you for saving your life.

6 Likes

Excellent news, Captain!

Do let us know as soon as you are cleared by the FAA and back in the cockpit! It would be my honor to fly with you as well.

3 Likes

Thankyou for your words of encouragement. They strengthen me on my journey. Hope your journey is going well also. My wife also thanks you🙏🏻

1 Like

Thankyou for your kind words of encouragement. They are cool water to my soul as we journey through this post aneurysm desert. I hope your journey is successful :pray:t2::+1::us:

Thankyou for your kind words of encouragement. They are cool water to my soul as we journey through this post aneurysm desert. I hope your journey is successful :pray:t2:

1 Like