Migraine auoras post clipping?

Does anyone else still get migraine auras (visual flashing light, tunnel vision or blind spots) post clipping?? .

I just found this...

But,yes, I still get migraine aura. I had Gamma Knife radiation for my AVM in June 2011 & crani to clip two aneurysms in July 2011. The aura was really frequent in September 2011 (much more than had been "usual"). My neurosurgeon sent me for an MRI & showed remodeling in my brain, but no new problems.

My migraines have increasingly became worse since my surgery and I had liquid embolization. I have auras and now getting nausea too. I don't know how to cope with tis pain..I have had 5 in the last 4 weeks and they are lasting 2-4 days each. What works?? I'm now taking doxepin at night, and fiorecet during the day. Maxalt does nothing. Any solutions?

Oh yes, I definitely have that type of migraine. Sometimes with numbness

, inability to talk properly and tingling. I had 8 of those this past week in

6 days in a row. ok now--so far.

Martha Helen

While I didn't have clipping, I did have stints and coils placed in my aneurysm. I still get migraine auras after my coilings were successfully done. I was told by both my surgeon and my neurologist, independently, that the two (migraine auras and aneurysms) are not related.

Hi Thomasina,

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to pipe in and say at least my doctors agree the migraines are caused by the aneurysm clipping. Now what to do about it. It takes so long to get anywhere with treatment, sometime it can be so frustrating.

Laura