Looking for Help!

Hi.... I have just been diagnosed with 2 annies. I have been doing alot of research and luckily found this site. Thank God! Does anyone know of a Doctor in the Houston area that they would recommend? I would appreciate any help. Thank you all.

Hey Cindy, You've found the right website, that is for SURE.

Sorry to hear of your aneurysms! There are a lot of folks here who have vast knowledge of all things big and small related to aneurysms, plus there are a number of folks from Texas who can no doubt steer you in the right path. How were your aneurysms found, was it an incidental find ? or do you have symptoms and thats why they found the annies? Its all frightening stuff but the more you learn the better off you'll be in the long run. Welcome and glad you are here !

Peace, Janet

Last Saturday I had to go to the ER because I became so dizzy it made me ill. They couldn't find a reason for my dizziness.... diagnosed it as vertigo. Went to my doctor that Monday and he put me on some meds for sinus..... didn't help. So he decided to have me take an MRI with and without contrast. He told me I had the 2 annies but did not think that caused my dizziness. He sent me to a neurologist. After being in the exam room for one hour, the doctor walked in and told me I need a surgeon. So, long story short... I guess it was an incidental finding. I decided to find a doctor on my own. So I have been doing lots of research today. Thank God I found the foundation. It let me here.

Cindy

Responding to this post, to keep you on the front page and hope that someone from Texas can help you out...~ Colleen

Thank You, Colleen.

H Cindy, If you look up neurosurgeonsiin Houston on the Healthgrades.com website it will give you a list and each doc has been rated by patients.

Praying for you.

Just thought of someone who had their coiling and stent done in Texas...and did so well...I am going to contact her privately and see if she can give you her Doctor...~ hang in there ~ Colleen

My neurosurgeon is Dr. Dong Kim, director of Mischer Neuroscience & Chair of Neurosurgery at UT Med. School. He operates out of Memorial Hermann hospital. If you remember the press conferences regarding Gabby Gifford's treatment here in Houston, you would have seen him. Dr. Kim performed the surgery to clip my 2 aneurysms & is overseeing the treatment of my cerebral AVM.

http://neuro.memorialhermann.org/medical-professionals/dong-h--kim,-m-d-/

Thank you ...... I will look it up. Thank you so much.

God Bless!

Thank You

Thank you, Jo. God Bless.

Hi Cindy, I wish you all the best with finding a surgeon you're comfortable with.

I had the same symptoms when my 2 annies were found. It was the first time in my life that I ever had vertigo and was so dizzy I couldn't even walk. They weren't sure what was causing it and did numerous test and found them. What I find strange though is the doctors told me the same thing, that aneurysms wouldn't cause dizziness.

Makes me wonder if years from now they'll be changing that tune. I'm just glad they found them. Maybe it was a sign from above, like a warning sign who knows.

Anyway, I made it thru my clipping great and I wish you all the best with yours too :)

I,too had my coiling done at U T Southwestern Hospital. My neurosurgeon was Dr. Kim Rickert. I totally agree with everything Jo said about the drs, nurses & the hospital. All top notch. Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Hi Everyone.

Thank you so much for all of your imput. I have been thinking about going to Dr. Roeser of the Neurosurgical Group of Texas. He works out of Methodist Hospital on Fannin. Has anyone heard anything about this group?

Thanks ahead of time....

Cindy

Valerie, thank you for the good wishes. I have been feeling a little dizzy and slightly nauseated ever since. I am waiting for the Doctor at Neurosurgeons of Houston to contact me. Mine are 4mm and one is smaller.. I will be 70 years old in July and I just do not know what to do . I'll just have faith in my doctor and my God.

Cindy

How do I know if its a teaching hospital?