Left side weakness

Donna...please talk with your doc...as I interpret your input...you have two unruptured aneurysms...and, having symptoms that sound so much like a number of us...pre and worse, post-coiling for me... w/off-lable, off-record stenting...after I had three ER in 29 days...w/only one 6mm aneurysm on the the posterior communicating artery...near the internal carotid artery..

Can you share the location / size of your aneurysms?

Have they discussed potential treatment; i.e. open surgery/clip or the new stuff?

My personal opinion is that you are doing so right...not going to work...not just to avoid potential error/difficulty...but also avoiding commute / drive ...highly recommend not driving...any distance...any where... for you, and, public safety...

I did a lot of goofs on words...attempting to talk or type...worse, I did not remember it minutes or days after...this did not occur until after the coiling...I was able to go into the 3rd ER by family and converse with the ER doc..

Prayers that you will talk with your doc soon...like tomorrow!!! Because...I was seeing docs between the first two emergencies...

Blessings for your decision / outcomes...and, keep us updated...

Pat

Hi Pat,

One of the annies is right interior carotid (it is the small one 2mm) and the other I have not idea of its location but it is 5x3. No discussion of treatment except to say that they are too small for surgery. Too me they are huge, I mean something in your brain that is possibly growing....well that to me sounds scary. The doc did give me two rounds of prednisone to knock out the headaches but that didn't work or if it did it was short lived and back they came. Now the doc says well we need to get rid of those headaches then try and figure out what else is going on.....they ruled out stroke and multiple sclerosis but that is the last thing I know.

I haven't had the blurry/double vision thing and I think that is what the doctor is basing everything on and the reason I say this is every time I talk with the doc or the nurse they always ask do you have blurry/double vision. And my answer is no.....I wear glasses so everything is blurry....when I take them off so how am I to know otherwise....lol. Seriously though only one time did I have double vision and I was looking at a text on my phone and it was double....at the time I attributed it to having the phone too close but now I am not so sure. Maybe I should tell the doc this info....oh and that happened the day after my first episode at work.

Today I have/woke up with another headache...it is a very rare day that I don't have a headache usually behind my right eye, with swelling over my eye...it looks like someone punched me and nausea, dizzy, and cloudiness sets in.

I am the only one in my household and there are no relatives close by who can shop for me or anything else so I have to get out and do it all. But I wait until I feel okay.

Donna...

Please call your doc' s office and ask the location of the larger one...tat is something you should have been told...we get better check-outs at the pets' vets ...all the time...

also...ask which cranial nerves are in the same/general/related areas of the aneurysms..

Then you can research those on the 'net ...for same/similar issues to what you are experiencing in symptoms...and, back here to ask for similarities...ask others here for...

I so know what you mean about not having close familial connection...and, we all have friends who work, etc...and, cannot always offset, take time off, for a friend/associate...

to take time off work...all of us here have been on both sides of this need over time..

Regarding your right eye /swelling...did your doc refer you to a neuro-ophthalmologist?

Blessings...

Pat

Pat

I finally got hold of the doc and she is now going to try me on Nortripyline to get rid of the headaches, and she is scheduling me for an appointment next week. I found out the other annies location (not sure if I wrote this correctly as the nurse was rattling it off so fast) but here goes:

Intra cerebral-right supra clinoid carotid artery

and the other one

she said was communicating artery????

I know she said something else but frankly I was confused as to what she was saying and she admitted that she wasn't sure either. I will definitely ask the doctor when I go to the appointment.

But at least for now she is doing something about the headaches and is now knowing that I am still cloudy at times and I also told her about the aphasia. So we will see what will happen.

Donna

Donna...sorry I am so slow...I think the name of the artery would be:

right internal carotid artery, supraclinoid segment...the last segment which crosses the dura mater into the brain. This segment also has main branches beginning w/ophthalmic; then the posterior communicating artery (PCoA or PCom) and an anterior choroidal artery...

Is the communicating artery the right or left side?

When you have time you can search online for internal carotid artery and then by internal carotid artery anatomy ... between those you will find info on the segments, etc...

We have members who have had either open surgery/clip or the minimally invasive (coil/stents)...we have no long-term statistics on coils/stents...

You can also research aphasia and aphasia anatomy...there are numerous types/variations...of aphasia...beginning with expressive and receptive to global and much more...

Because of the receptive...(how we hear/comprehend), have you noticed any change in your hearing? One more thing to discuss w/your doc...especially if you have symptoms...

Your research, based on any symptoms you may have...may open up more questions to your doc...

Wishing you well...we had a couple of dry days and blue sky...

Hi Dulce, I had an unuptured 8mm right carotid artery coiled 9 months ago. I am getting the tingling sensations too in my cheek, arms, legs and toes but not all areas at one time and I have been told its probably focal migraine. I stopped taking my solgar multi vitamins because the vitamin B6 it states can cause tingling but I am still suffering. I have also had my left leg forget how to come down the stairs at home and also my right arm have felt limp. I have had the right side of my face feeling as its being pulled but both CT and MRA have rules out a stroke. I get visual disturbances, severe fatigue and now blurred vision. I get a pressure sensation in my head if I attempt to bend and my balance is really bad. My words stick at times and I say inappropriate words during a conversation. Today, I have been really dizzy. I don't know if it makes a difference where in the brain the coils are placed. Hope you're feeling better.

Eve x