Has anyone had hand pain or neuropathy following brain aneurysm repair

Has anyone had hand pain or neuropathy follwoing brain aneyrysm repair?

yes i have feet numness my toes onalways feeling funnylinda

Yes, I have numbness on the bottom of my toes, and the bottom of my left foot itches sometimes. It drives me crazy, because my foot is so sensitive that I can’t itch it. I had a ruptured brain aneurysm on the right side. The numbness and itching are on the left side. I also have pain going down the left side of my body. My doctor says this is “phantom” pain because the brain thinks there is pain. Again on the left side because the aneurysm was on the right. Hope this helps. I am just trying to get through one day at a time.
Sharon

Linda,
Yes, my left lower arm/hand tingles/falls asleep; and, on down my left foot…the two toes next to my big toes cannot separate. Also get severe crams in my left foot and calf; and puslation in the piriformis (the muscle in that left buttocks) . I take potassium / magnesium to restrict the cramps.
I sleep with a large, firm, pillow under my knees to keep the pressure reduced on my piriformis. Yes,
also use activator chriroactic care (the soft touch type…no pressure / jerks)
It began d/c severn+ years ago…and, has not gone away.

Linda…I am glad you asked this…my response was even reflected / qualified in my neuropsych testing… someow, someway to determine its responsiveness…
Sooo, if you ever go in for neuropsych testing… please be sure they are aware of it…I do not know if there are specific tests for determining it…or if it may commonly show in the various tests.
Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for letting me know of your cxondition. We talked with the neurosurgeon, the neuro nurses and physical therapist (doctor included) and no one was able to give us any info.
Take Care
Linda

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for responding to my concern about the neuropathy.
Linda

I had a right side stroke 2 weeks after brain aneurysm repair no rupture but large aneurysm.
Linda, a blood clot formed on a coil that was in my blood vessel…
It’s been 2 years now and it seems depending on weather, how stressed I am or if I am run down I become more numb.
Maybe that helps?

Terre,
Tahnks for repying. Sorry to hear about your stroke. Is you nubness all over your body or only on one side?
Linda

Linda, sorry this takes me so long…I am one-thought-process at a time; when working on a project, I cannot get on-line; or anyhting else that jumbles my thought. My family asked my neurointerventional, etc…and, yeah, no answers; he did tell them to see another md… Family asked PCP for referral; she told them it was/is called paresthesia (sp?) which does relate to the arm/hand, and not on down the leg, foot, etc. Somehow, not getting answers / explanations, always makes it turn out more common…if we keep sharing symptoms / problems. We will not have an answer, a name, or a recovery process…just the per centage of us with the same / similar symptoms. …to learn we are not at all unique. If nothing else, seems like med could pull out a whole lot of “study / research” items…
Pat

Terre, I am sorry you went thru a stroke, too, especially since you had not ruptured. For those of us who ruptured, stroke is not uncommon… then, depending on coil in anartery…if I am reading that correctly that coil was in a vessel. And, it’s great if that was all explained to you.
Pat

MY HUSBAND HAD HIS ANEURYSMS COILED. HE DOES NOT HAVE NUMBNESS IN HIS HANDS OF FEET BUT HE HAS BAD MIGRAIN HEADACHES THAT WERE CAUSED FROM THE SURGERY. WAS JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THE BAD HEADACHES AND THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH EVERY DAY.

my feet drive me nuts knees weak ,same with me sharon

yes everyday i think its part of it linda

GWEn,
Sorry to hear about the migraines. Hopefully his doctor an prescribe a medication to releive the hadaches

Linda

Linda,

Do you take anything for this nubness and get relif? Is the numbness is you hands and arms or other areas of your body?

Linda

Gwen,
So sorry to hear it was caused by treatment…assume cause was explained? i.e. location of artery/segment, the volume / placement of coil, if located near any cranial nerves…if any stents were implanted…whatever else imaginable?
Any pressure points outside the head that massage or whatever may help?
Many of my peers have variations of headaches…I only get tight pressure…no throbbing. It is a job for my circulation to adjust when I sit up/stand-up from bed…and, when I first go to bed…
I have thought about getting the bed frame that adjusts…so expensive when being on disability so long.
I did/do a lot of acupunture, craniosacral therapy, massage therapy, activator chiropractic (the light touch kind); yoga deep breathing exercises…My acupuncturist would not do some treatment until I saw my neuro for OK on it… so suggest if you want to experiment w/anything, get the mds input… Interestingly, I got my records later and there is no mention of my acupuncture question; thank heavens a friend sat thru that appointment w/me…just in case there was ever a question on causes.
Pat

Hi I had a rupture 15 years ago 2 months my daughter was born they clipped it.I have had migraines since but now finding out I have a second anerysum . I am now waiting on the surgeon .they have had med on all kinds of meds nothing works for me. My advice is to get rechecked and keep bugging them .

Gwen, after my ruptured aneurysym, I have 2 coils and a stent , I was getting 25 to 30 headaches a day, my neurologist put me on topirimate which reduced them to almost nothing, it’s a anti seizure prescription and it worked for me. The side affects can be scary, but for me this was a blessing.