Lack of feeling Emotions

Just wondering if anyone has trouble with showing or feeling of emotions after having right side brain aneurysm coiling. I am and have always been OCD. I was always organized, planned and ahead of the game, but almost 2 yrs past coiling I still find it hard to feel, show and express emotions and feel I just am struggling to stay focused and ahead of the game. My aneurysm bled out and is large, but did not rupture. I suffer from FMD In Both Carotid Arteries. Right side stenosis is severe. Both Renal arteries have been ballooned as well. For me, the hardest part of All is trying to accept and figure out the New ME. LOL

hi Robin! yes I think t's post traumatic stress disorder, in researching I was surprised to find symptoms can come and go and even appear years later- heres a good article-- http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/tc/post-traumatic-stress-disorder--symptoms

hello again! I found this on baf website! it really hits home~~http://www.bafound.org/one-us-robin-j-reid~~God Bless you and yours!

Robin,

Please pull up data on the 'net: cerebral lobes Cerebral lobes anatomy cerebral lobe functions

then: limbic system the anatomy and functions...

then: functional areas of the cerebral cortex and cerebral cortex anatomy

The frontal lobe relates to judgment/emotions... tho there are all the interactive, supporting connections in our brain...

If you have not had neuropsych testing, talk w/your doc for referral...I am a big promoter of them...to assist w/the various therapies...My neurologist did refer me to vision therapy...cherish it...

My aneurysm was small and had bleeds...no major rupture until under the minimally invasive care...

tho not all of the ruptures / artifacts are near the natural aneurysm...

What is the creatinine and eGFR levels on your blood/urine tests...Highly recommend viewing the National Kidney Foundation website...

Viewing these websites may open questions for you to ask your docs...

Prayers for you getting answers...

Pat

Hi Robin...this sounds so rough...I am more emotional since my brain aneurysm's...I do hope with time your non~emotion will improve...~ Colleen

Thank you so much for this blog. It is perfect and UNBELIEVABLE . I am so touched by this and how it is so true to exactly how I feel.. You are so APPRECIATED. God bless

THANK YOU COLLEEN. You are greatly appreciated.

Hi Robin! I just ran this and I can SOOOO relate! I HATE feeling emotionless and very much miss the "old me" too. Thank you for the ribbon! I really look forward to talking with you about our FMD issues. It feels kind of scary and overwhelming for me to live with this so any light you could shed on it would be appreciated! I hope you are feeling better! God bless you!

Chris...when you feel emotionless...can you cry or not cry?

I have not cried in ten years...I was blessed to get back moisture in my eyes...but still cannot cry/release...even at memorial services of true losses to me...there is no "feeling"...it is like any other transaction...cannot think of a more descriptive word...

As the baby of my family, I learned very young to shed a tear for immediate attention and/or whatever I wanted...But, also, reading a story of a lost puppy to watching the JFK/other memorial services...Conversely, under any emergency type situation, the "need" of anyone else came first...from a basic bandaid to first aid to 911/ambulance...before any tear...then it could come intensely...

For ten years...I have not had the tears or the feeling of sensitivity... NO, it does not generate high BP or brain/body tension as an alternate, etc...there is no emotional "feeling"... to release...

FMD: my diagnostic angio notes: "injection of right vertebral artery demonstrates the artery to be small in caliber with moderate to severe beading and irregularity in its proximal 1/3 consistent with fibromuscular dysplasia..." Never again mentioned... in ten years...

Recently viewing a draft revision of a pendant design...I was holding it to the location I will wear it...another customer asked me what it was...Told her "my brain" and she said "wow"...and "what/why"... So...just a wax draft generated public interest...tho I was happy/pleased with public interest... I did not have any real "feeling" ...

Well, I have rattled...I am excited about our making connections on FMD...I did w/Robin...but had not researched it enough back then...

Prayers for your, our all, our learning, getting answers, and our continued healing...

Pat