Jaw exercise for soreness

Good morning all,

I wanted to share something that I discovered by accident. I searched on here about this topic and didn't find anything so pardon me if this has been posted before.

I had my clippings 2 years ago and from time to time will still have had some serious soreness in my jaw due to the muscles being clipped for surgery. I was mainly just taking ibuprofen for the pain for the last few weeks which didn't help completely and even had to use an ice pack just to be able to sleep.

Anyway, I was browsing facial exercises on line for my neck wrinkles…lol...and gave them a try. I discovered the next morning that these exercises had actually helped with the soreness in my jaw. I could actually open my mouth all the way for the first time in 2 weeks!

Now, I wouldn’t recommend trying these if you’re not completely healed from your clipping but if it’s been a few years since your surgery and you’re experiencing pain in your jaw, give these a try. I’ve been doing them for about 3 days now and it’s been such an amazing difference I'm going to do them everyday.

Exercise:

While keeping your mouth open the whole time mouth the vowels A,E,I,O and U. Don’t stretch your mouth so wide as to cause pain, only lightly stretch it. Try to do these everyday and you will find that each day you can open your mouth wider.

Let me know if it helps!

What a fortunate discovery, Valerie! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks for posting this. I have been having the same trouble and will try this. Just nice knowing that I am not the only one.

I could not have said that better. Stretching is amazing.

Yes did that after 3 months and it works!!!

Thanks for sharing. I will start trying that exercise as I am also having some jaw pains after a year of my clipping.

Valerie I love it...my mom used to exercise when I was a kid to some lady on TV ... and she used to do the same exercises...I am going to start...very cool...~ Colleen

Hi Valerie, My jaw hurt and could not open for a long time.. Could not even open to brush my teeth... But doing good now after three years.. but I am the one who has the tinnitus in my right ear.. Has never stopped. I will try doing the jaw exercises you mentioned as that my help with the muscles.. Maybe it might help.. I let you know.... Have a great day. Chris