Im confused of a lot of things

hi everyone,
my name is Stephen. i have a lot of questions which i want 2nd opinion, please bear with me :grin:. most of my stories are told by my father (i remember nothing of the 1st 2 weeks of my incident) and i don’t know if he was exaggerating it or it was the actual condition.

i had my aneurysm ruptured back in August 2022. i couldn’t have a surgery because it’s in the center of my head (center of the brain), and too much risk to have a surgery, so they gamma ray it in hoping it will shrink the rupture in 4 years. now, this is one of my question that’s I’m still curious, why is it so hard to find information about gamma ray? is it not a common method to treat BA? and is it true because the rupture is in the most middle part in my brain that’s why they can’t cut/glue/fix it with normal surgery?

also 2nd thing would be why I’m feeling off balance most of the time? i have done physiotherapy, and they all said im 80% normal, but it’s so hard for me to gain more improvement. i still have my balance off from time to time, i feel like I’m drunk all the time. to walk straight it’s a task that i have to focus, not naturally done. does anyone also feel this way?

FYI: 1. im a lefty (southpaw)
2. the surgery was done only to remove the flooding in my brain, but treatment is through gamma ray (surgery not required).
3. my left side is the one taking a big hit. so im confused if i should keep on trying to be a lefty for the sake of recovery or i should just be normal (orthodox)?

sorry for a lot of questions…you guys don’t need to answer every question here :grin:

best regards,
Stephen

Welcome again Stephen! Don’t worry about the number of questions you ask, after all it is the way we learn and are able to support! We will always try to answer all your questions and if we don’t know, we will tell you we don’t know.

I don’t believe your father is lying to you as I see no purpose in not telling you the truth. When we rupture, it’s bad, the worse the bleed, the worse it is on our recovery for the most part. It’s really frightening for our loved ones even if we have no sense of what is going on.

I ruptured on a Thursday around 1630 hours in 2013. I passed out on the stairs, our old dog woke me up and I was able to pull myself up into the kitchen and using the dog, got to my knees and eventually got to the phone to call our emergency number (911) passed out on the way to the local hospital and have no memory of it but do remember them jostling me into the helicopter. I also remember I kept waking up and they kept calling in to give me more drugs. I don’t remember landing. The next hospital had to stabilize me, one of the Residents said they gave me too much, of what I don’t know. They waited until the next morning for my coiling procedure. They told my family not to expect much and every day for around three weeks, they told BH not to expect me to live to see the next day.

Doctors explain things differently to family and patients the world over and then we have the error of communication in understanding what a surgeon has said in relation to our own knowledge. I’m unsure which artery would be referred to as being in the center of the brain as I think it could be one of several. I wish every hospital had a model of a brain that they could take apart in its different section and actually show us. If you have a patient portal, you can find out what the images said and the procedure. If you can’t access it, you can call your surgeon’s office. Write everything down, as it’s easier to remember. I used a plethora of notebooks and sticky notes, graduated to a white board, then learned to use my phone’s notes app (again)

Here is a good article on the arteries The Blood Supply of the Brain and Spinal Cord - Neuroscience - NCBI Bookshelf. If you know which artery was involved, I would be happy to do a more centralized internet search. Different areas of the brain control different functions but once our brain settles down from the blood escaping, it does get to healing in a way we can see improvement. I always explain it as if you drive to work the same way every day and all of a sudden there’s a road block and you have to learn a new route.

I do know that gamma knife is used for AVMs and I was able to find this for aneurysms Gamma Knife Radiosurgery of Distal Aneurysm: A Case Series | Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery | Karger Publishers. By looking at the dates of the different papers it seems to be a newer procedure for aneurysms. The way a surgeon determines the best course is through their knowledge and experience. Some choose craniotomies over coiling, some choose coiling over craniotomy and yours chose gamma knife. I’ve had four procedures for my rupture, the first two coiling and then coiling with a balloon and then the last back in 2020 was a Neuroform Atlas Stent. My aneurysm is located on the left internal carotid artery at a bifurcation (where it splits to another artery) so the more commonly used stents wouldn’t work. I also have tortuous (squiggly) arteries and I don’t know if that came into play or not.

Yes, after I ruptured and for several years, I walked like a drunken sailor. It was dangerous especially when we went to a city. I had to have someone walk on my left side to keep me from walking into traffic, sort of like my own personal bumper because I always walked into the person to my left. I would walk into a lot of things and ended up with bruises and some stitches. If I’m very tired, I will still walk like a drunk. I try not to get exhausted but it happens. I recall a few days after the ballon assist, we went up to Washington DC for lobby day. I was overwhelmed with the airports and my brain wasn’t doing so well cognitively speaking. We got to an intersection and the light was green, so I started into the crosswalk, almost got hit by a taxi. Some lady made a snarky comment about a red hand meant to stop in any city. Well, we don’t live in the city, we live in a place that has no hands at lights and very few have walk/don’t walk lighted signs. Heck most of our intersections don’t even have crosswalks! Imagine the lady’s surprise when we all got to the same meeting place and Kevin announced to everyone that I had just had my third procedure :joy:

Stay a southpaw! There’s nothing wrong with being left handed and your muscle memory is more likely to recover faster. Unless of course you’re actually ambidextrous- then use both!

The surgery was to stop the bleeding, our bodies eventually filter out the blood from the CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) that it has leaked into if you had an SAH.

My rupture being on the left internal carotid artery means my right side took a hit, well the left as well due to its location. So I had damage to both language areas, veered to the left when walking couldn’t remember how to sign my name so I had to look away and let muscle memory take over, etc. Be assured if you keep working at it, things will get better. I was told by my Neurosurgeon at year two, my brain was as healed as it would get. I told her she was wrong (it made us all laugh, who tells a doctor they are wrong? My speech at that time was more like “Wait, wait, wait. No, no, no, you’re inkkka, wrong). I had training either the week off or a week or two before my rupture at work where I learned Dr, Sperry down in Texas has been doing decades long research on brain recovery. His research proves we can continue to heal and it gave me a lot of hope. Be patient with yourself, it takes a good bit of time to recover. If you have a set back, try again after you’ve rested. We need a lot of rest, protein and hydration to help us recover. Brain cells take a lot of everything.

1 Like

hey, thanks for the warm welcome and sharing some information. I didn’t expect to get a respond this quick and quite clear things up, at least i know i’m not alone in this. also thanks for sharing your story in such details, it really helped me because some questions that I didn’t think was important to write here (i tried to keep it very short, but having someone sharing their story in details really helped my feeling).

for me it was the day after I got home from 3 months oversea worktrip. right on the next morning I woke up, went for a walk with my dog, got home, and enter the toilet. the toilet was went everything went wrong… I remember standing up and washed my hands, but before finished drying my hands, my leg felt weak, I couldn’t keep my body standing up, and so I hang on as hard as I can to the sink, and after that, somehow I know I have open the room lock before I completely lost everything, so I grab the door lock anyhow I could just to open it, lucky for me when the door was opened, I see my mom and brother, and they also see me crawling out. they dragged me out and lay me down, but for some reason, i remember I tried as much as i can to tell them that I don’t want to lie down, instead I ask to put me in a sitted position. everything happened in less than 5 minutes, and right before I lost my ability to talk, I was able to tell them “opital”, which somehow they knew that I asked for hospital. the road to the hospital was only 5 minutes from home, doctor said that this also played a big part in my total recovery. I let go, and I remember I felt relieved when I saw the hospital parking, before I passed out.

after about 2 weeks, they move me to another city (500 miles away), to do the gamma ray treatment, which supposed to shrink the blood vein/artery until it’s completely clogged in 4 years. and in that city they found out that I had lack of body fluid, that is why I was speaking alien language and didn’t remember anything. they boosted up my body fluid, and after 3 days, my memory was recording again, and also I start to talk more clear. not much, but people were able to guess what I am saying. right after that my gamma ray begun, I entered a weird space capsule, and out with my speech ability much better, people don’t have to guess anymore, but still I can only speak a few words.

thanks a lot for offering help to do more centralized internet search. I do have my files complete with a lot of the details. I will get back to you in a few days after I got my files from my father, if you don’t mind helping me looking into more information? I can ask the doctor (the doctor that opened my skull to relieve the pressure built up), but I need to collect a lot of question 1st before going to him (so I don’t keep going back and forth), but I can’t contact the doctor for the gamma ray, as it’s only 1 hospital in the country that had the gamma ray machine, and that is 800km (500 miles) away from my city.

“I always explain it as if you drive to work the same way every day and all of a sudden there’s a road block and you have to learn a new route.”, this is what my surgeon told me also hahaha… and I do have language and speech problems too, language problem is mostly gone now, but sometimes I missed or wrongly said the alphabet, like saying “alphabet” sometimes became “Olphabet”. I used to visualize things easier, but now I can’t visualize things, like if you have a question with choices, “this is a box from the right side, what would the box on it’s left look like?”

oh one more thing I forgot to add to my details, I have a VP shunt installed permanently inside my head now.

btw, how are you now, if you don’t mind me asking…

best regards,

Stephen

1 Like

@stonedDawg Welcome! My name is Suszanne and my rupture was in Dec 2021. They did do surgery, but like you I was very dizzy at first, especially when I got home. I am still working on balance and coordination but don’t give up. Do as much as you can do and then rest. It takes time for healing. I am not familiar with the gamma ray, but if it is your treatment, be patient and remember the brain wil take longer to heal. The only time I get dizzy is when the barometric pressure changes. Keep on the recovery path and things will come. :smiley:

3 Likes

Stephen, your story is great and so full of detail, I felt like I was there with your family seeing everything, thank you so much for sharing! When I first started in the group @ronk, @Sherri_L and others gave me an enormous amount of support as I couldn’t visualize a darn thing for a long time, maybe a few years. Their paths are further ahead of mine and they helped hold my hand so to speak and led me. I hope to be able to help others as much as those active at the time helped me. Of course our support group ebbs and flows and now there are others that help me on my path! I have always received a lot of support from the folks @ModSupport over the years. I joined in 2014, so a bit of help from everyone.

Of course I will help to the best of my ability! I love to help others.

I don’t have a VP Shunt but if you do a search here, you will find many members that ruptured and even some who have not have one. You can learn from their experiences on what to watch out for. There’s a little magnifying glass up at the top to search anything in the topics.

I am doing much better now than when I first ruptured. I went to speech therapy three or four times over the first three years I think it was. Ms Stacey is my local ST but she sent me to Ms. Amy about 70 miles away so I could be diagnosed with my Foreign Accent Syndrome. It takes a specialized ENT to get the diagnosis and Ms. Amy works with one. I can no longer speak German nor Spanish, just English but when I woke up from my second procedure I had an accent. One of my favorite doctors in NSICU said I was hanging out with the Filipina RNs too much! LOL Everyone hears a different accent from across Europe and the Hispanic countries in the Americas. I even had one person believe I was from the Dominican Republic. What Ms. Amy said is people will hear an accent they are most familiar with. It is hard living here in the South where we live as there are people who aren’t very kind and I have been told to move back to my own country. However, there are others who have been extremely kind. Maybe that’s how it would be everywhere, I’m not sure, but usually if we go to a big city, people don’t even bat an eye as they’re more accustomed to hearing accents not from their area.

Since my fourth procedure, I had a great deal of improvement. I still have good days and bad, but more good days. I think if I had to pick just one thing that has helped me the most is my ability to see the positives even on bad days. It can be the smallest of things, a bird or butterfly visiting, a flower that has bloomed or the dogs playing with me. Things I may have taken for granted or didn’t see before I ruptured are now gifts to me. I can drive further now than right after I ruptured but I set limits mostly due to what I did for a living. So I try very hard not to be on the roads when the school buses are picking up or dropping off and if I have to, I make sure to stop about 100 ft from them which makes other drivers irritated with me. I can drive a little in rain but not much as it seems to stop my brain. I call it “black brain” but it’s really the failure of my brain being able to process thoughts. I think @Suszanne also had the same phenomena. I can still lose my words and my speech can be halting, especially if I’ve had to bend my neck for long. Ms Amy taught me to keep cadence and it helps tremendously. Doesn’t matter if I tap with my foot or use a finger or hand on something, I usually get everything back sooner rather than later. If it’s really bad, I use my hand as if I’m a conductor for an orchestra or choir. A few weeks ago, we went to a local dairy that makes really good ice cream with Aunt Dr. Kim and her husband Dr. Tye. They’re very close friends and both veterinarians. I messed up what we got when I went to pay and luckily Aunt Dr. Kim corrected me. We had a good laugh about it. She has been our Veterinarian for going on close to 30 years now. My math skills are not what they were, so I rarely use cash and rely on the credit card, but they are improving. Most recently, I have been having an issue with my frustration going straight into anger. I have never been prone to anger so it’s a bit disconcerting. I have always had an incredibly long fuse. I have it on my list of questions for my Neurosurgeon that I will see in a couple of weeks. She will probably tell me to touch base with a therapist, is my guess.

I always have a list of questions for her and have learned to send them through my portal a few days before my appointment. Ms. Ryann, her NP taught me that! It makes the appointment go a good deal smoother and faster. Besides that, I will have most, if not all, the answers in my portal so I can look back. I’m hoping to drive the 62 miles and though BH will be with me, I really want to drive it, weather permitting.

1 Like

Hey stonedDawg,
My name is Merl, I’m a member of the Modsupport Team here on Ben’s Friends.
You’ve come to the right place. We have lots of members with a vast array of experiences. So if/when you have ANY questions, come and ask. Someone will know (or know where to find) the info you may seek.

You state:

Me too. I’ve also had a craniotomy to try and deal with it all. My journey hasn’t exactly been straight forward or ‘Normal’. I’ve needed a few surgeries (6 so far) to manage it all and been told there’s more to come. From my initial surgeries back in the 90’s (x2) I had a fairly good run, then in '13 it all went 'POOF". That year I had 4 neurosurgical operations each one has hit me harder and harder. I’ve had numerous scans, shuntograms and adjustments. I’ve recently been put back on the neurosurgical roundabout had another adjustment, just hoping this will do the trick and I won’t be needing more surgery, yet (Fingers crossed). Even a simple adjustment can send my system sideways. YUCK.

And I couldn’t agree more.
Don’t push your recovery too far and listen to your body, it will tell you when it’s had enough. LISTEN.
I didn’t listen, I pushed my limits, convincing myself I was building stamina. Something went pop and I ended up back in hospital. DON"T DO THAT. Take the time you body needs and not just the time your mind expects.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

3 Likes

hey everyone, sorry I haven’t been able to write back. I’ve had very busy weeks. I had to switch my job to another job which supposed to be less stressful (I was a programmer and then I switched to “marketing manager” in another company), and unfortunately the new work place requires too much politics and stressed me out. in a way the new job is easier from the logical side of things, but it needs more politic, which is new to me.

@Suszanne thankyou for the kind words and supports. I thought the barometric will get me dizzy, but on my 1st flight after the incident (6 months after the incident), I didn’t feel as dizzy as I thought I would. I do feel dizzy sometime, but I still can’t pinpoint the exact condition of why I felt dizzy. overall, I am happy to know that I am not alone here. :smiley:

@Moltroub I felt like I need to tell my story too since everyone don’t mind sharing their story, it really felt great to be able to tell my story to people who are actually interested into it. I would love to catch that foreign accent? :smiley: I didn’t get a foreign accent, but I do get a spitting problem now, like I need to break my sentences if it is too long, so I won’t spits out of my words. :smiley: sometime, I have to finish my sentences quick before I forgot what was at the tip of my tounge, and so at the end of the sentence, I sound as if im screaming it out. my math skill does seems to take a hit too, I can hardly count as fast as before. I really feel like I’m only 30% of the man I was, and although everyone says I look fine and as normal as a person can be.

how long it takes for you to be able to drive again? I haven’t tried driving yet, but soon I will, and when I do, I will share the story with you guys!

last week, my bestfriend that I knew since we were baby, took me to play tennis, and altough I never played tennis before, and I played badly that day, I was extremely happy that I could hit the ball. it really helped me to feel capable of improvements. same as talking to everyone here! :stuck_out_tongue:

hey @ModSupport , thanks for the warm welcome! I read often that VP shunt do that? they are unpredictable how long they will last? I haven’t had any problem with mine, and fingers crossed I hope it stay that way. I was more of an athlete previously, and pushing my body to it’s limit is what I did, but I do have a plan to stop when I reach 30, but I guess I have to take 29 only, and I’m happy at least i only lose 1 year only from my goal. :partying_face:

as for the details, I haven’t met my father, I couldn’t get the documents from him, but I will share it here once I got it. I’m really happy to found this community!

Hey Stephen! I’m glad you came back and updated us. Hated to read there’s too much politics in your new job, hopefully you’ll get used to it, I wasn’t allowed to drive until I was comfortable as a passenger. It took several months for me to be able to drive the mile or so to my parents house and I could drive the couple miles to speech therapy taking the backroads. I don’t live in a big city and it took a couple of years for me to be able to drive on the freeway which for us is only two lanes each side, not anything like four or seven lanes in the big cities. The problems I had was I had lost peripheral vision, sunlight hurt like all get out especially if we were driving near trees, and driving at night was impossible for several years. I still try to get home before the sun sets. The farthest I’ve driven at one time is 60 miles and I was completely exhausted. I had to wear sunglasses all the time, I wore a ball cap in the car so I could turn it to help stop the sun from hitting my eyes and we got a screen for the passenger side that helped stop the sun’s glare. It’s taking me years to adapt to the photophobia and get better with light.

1 Like

Hey Stoned,

Ohh workplace politics are the worst. I’m not a politician and I’m no diplomat. I say what’s on my mind, I’ve lost count how many times I’ve ‘put my foot in my mouth’ (Said the wrong thing). Heck, I don’t just put my foot in my mouth, often I shove my whole leg in so far I could kick my own butt :roll_eyes: :laughing: :wink: :worried: and by the time the words are out… …it’s too late, I can’t get them back.

If I slow myself down and think about my words, I can be more selective with my language, but in slowing it all down I often lose my train of thought, that frustrates me and outcome the expletives. Or others take my slower pace as an opportunity for them to take advantage or think I don’t understand and OHHH, that lights my fuse every time and my tongue turns into a lethal weapon. NASTY.

As for the shunt, they can be very unpredictable. Some patients can have just one their whole lives and yet for others it can be an almost yearly rotation of issues. Some blockages of the tubing can be flushed and cleared, but major blockages, valve issues and fractures of the shunt tubing can all require further surgery.

For those of us with invisible conditions, this is really common. But it always gets me when people say things like this, ‘Normal’ ??? What on earth is this ‘Normal’ thing? I don’t think anyone could accuse me of being normal, even before all of this :crazy_face: :rofl:

I’ve often said ‘…sometimes I think it would be easier if I’d lost a limb, at least others would be able to see why, rather than making their own assumptions…’. I ALWAYS wear a hat to cover my head. And only last week I had someone comment as I had an awful headache. "Maybe the cause of your headaches is your eyes, eye issues can cause headaches…’ this woman commented, unsolicited and rather matter-of-factly. I turned to her, lifted my hat and said ‘Ahh, no, I think there might be another reason for the headaches…’. Upon seeing my skull her mouth dropped open, aghast, as the colour drained from her face and she scurried away. Usually I just say “I’ve got a bit of a headache…” That usually shuts them down 'cos we all get headaches, right? But her tone was so indignant as if she knew all about it. My skull looks like someone’s bashed me with a baseball bat, then played ‘Noughts and crosses’ with a scalpel on my scalp, it’s shocking to me, so you can imagine the effect of others seeing it all :astonished: :laughing:

Merl from the Modsupport Team

2 Likes

There is a lot in this discussion chain! First, sorry I have been absent from conversations – have some stuff happening – but may I had a couple of thoughts? StonedDawg/Steven – what a challenge you are facing! I am so proud of how strong you are. I, too, am a lefty, which my family thought was always very odd because there is no history anywhere in our family for lefties. My aneurysm burst on the left side of my brain and my right side was paralyzed for a while. I’m a firm believer that being a lefty and getting through a childhood of lefty-challenges helped me, in some way, get through and adapt to my new post-aneurysm challenges.

Gamma ray treatment is something I have never hear of; I am so pleased some type of treatment is available to you if surgery is not an option. As for dizziness or balance, that may be around for a while. Be patient of and forgiving with yourself. I’m 30 years post surgery and still have balance issues when I am tired. When I am tired or too busy to pay attention, I find my right foot will not step property and I will trip – still!

Driving? I agree with all of you. Be patient! I was a driver (truck driver and city bus driver); driving was my passion as well as my job. After my surgery I had double vision, which the eye doctor said would never be repaired. I was devastated when he said I would never be able to drive again. He was wrong. (He was a d–k!) But it took time both for me and for my mother (it was her car!) to trust me behind a wheel. I was, and still am, blind on the right periphery, both eyes. I have always been an aware driver, but after the A-burst I actually became an even more aware driver. As a result, I have avoided numerous accidents over the years because of other “normal” drivers who don’t pay attention when they are behind the wheel. Not to say I have never been in an accident – I have – but none were caused by me, and those were ones I couldn’t avoid somehow. But – know your own abilities and comfort level. If you can’t drive at night, don’t. If you need sunglasses and a hat, use them. I know my exhaustion level and will stop before I hit that. We need to do our part to keep only safe drivers on the roads! (Yep, you hit my soapbox subject! :slight_smile: )

I agree with Moltroub – if you are having balance or vision challenges, use your family to assist. My kids grew up knowing I am right-side blind. When they were little they thought that meant they could get away with things (like my ears didn’t work?!?), but by habit my ex- or at least one of my children would walk, sit, or bike on my right. Team-work.

ModSupport - work challenges are definitely a thing! I am proud of all of you who have shared what is happening at your work. For some reason, I was taught that personal challenges are that – personal. I was never permitted to admit that I have an invisible challenge. I agree with ModSupport – sometimes it would be nice to have a visible handicap. Or, perhaps, I should actually declare this challenge to my employers, but I don’t and then a situation arises. One always does. Even this many years later I still have memory, language, or analysis challenges. I have learned to adapt and, if I forget a word, I fake it beautifully by using a simpler word or phrase. Yes, sometimes going slower helps, but like many of us, that also gives me time to forget the point I am trying to make. Over the years I have kept challenging myself to relearn the years of education I lost the day my aneurysm burst. To do this, I have taken different jobs that re-taught me, thinking as I was advancing in my career I was advancing my knowledge and memory. But, be careful, I fear I am now at the point where I have pushed myself TOO far and put TOO much on my plate. Now I have developed chronic insomnia that has caused challenges in doing my job well, which is magnified because of the remaining challenges resulting from the burst-A. Lack of sleep results in lack of brain fluency. So, after 30 years of non-stop challenging myself to be “normal”, I am realizing I need to do a personal reboot.

I share this, with advice I didn’t accept or follow: don’t stop pushing yourself to heal and rebuild your life, but push yourself slowly and at your own comfort level. Your life is for you to live, not for anyone else to judge.

4 Likes

You can get on the driving soapbox anytime! I always say what Dad taught me, driving is a privilege not a right.

Your words are an inspiration to me. 30 years out gives me a lot of hope to keep it up with my daily challenges. So much so, I don’t have the words.

2 Likes

I am still not at work. I am hoping to go back in September but we will see. I didn’t start to drive until 6 months after my rupture. I drive when it’s not busy and not at night. This January was the first time I drove to the next town where my speech therapy is. My speech has come back but I struggle to find the right word for the situation or if I am put on the spot my brain is blank. It’s almost like to script what I am going to say before I say it. My writing is not bad. I can get a bit wordy describing if I can’t find the word. Also i start sentences and forget or say something that is not relevant to the conversation. Next weekend I am going to the golf course to try and hit the ball again. I wonder how that will be! Lol

2 Likes

@Moltroub hahah I can’t get used to stupid politics especially internal politics, so I stopped working there, but I really need to find a new job that suits me and hopefully, one that would provide transport or enough salary for transportation.

I think I can drive already, because it really feels like I do have control of my body, and by measuring where I am to everyone’s story here, it seems that I supposed to be able to drive already. it’s just that no one believes me that i’m already as functioning as a normal (in cases like this they don’t believe me, but in cases where I was angry that they don’t see the struggle I am doing, they say I look as normal as everyone?). *sorry a bit carried away there :stuck_out_tongue:

@ModSupport

this is what I used to do even before all this, only now you have to double the time :rofl:.

true! I know im not supposed to think like that, but often I do think like this. I think if it is visible, probably people would understand and appriciate how hard I tried to do things. I do still hold my anger inside though, never really let it slip, and then I feel much better after writing in here with you guys :rofl:. sorry to take you all as my rebound :sweat_smile:.

@KrysG yess! I tend to put my weight on my right side now (since my left side was the one problematic). sometimes I feel like my body is unconciously doesn’t want to trust my leftside, I tend to put my weight on my right side whenever I’m not aware is one thing, but I grab things with my right hand 1st too, it’s like when I observed my self, I see my body doesn’t want to give my left side a chance (only on unconcious mind state).

sometimes, what we lack of, teaches us to be better than other people on another thing, right?
I had a bike crash accident yesterday, because I have to use a service like uber/grab to go around, I was using the motorcycle type of these services (I don’t have much to use the car service). we crashed, and unfortunately, we crashed on the leftside, my bad side. now because my leftside is bruised, I have to put a halt on my recovery activities.
that’s a cool team work you got with your family to help your right side visions! when I’m reading your story, somehow I imagined a superhero movies where every member of the family do their tasks, one to distract the enemy, the other one to sneak from behind and so on! :rofl:

@Suszanne true, especially when you are excited to explain something right? oh boy, golf was 1 sport I could never really conquer. I hope you have fun and please update us on how it goes :smile:

3 Likes

You don’t need to apologize for taking us in the rebound :rofl:. We are all rebounding and get it! Part of the conversation I had with my Neurosurgeon was the frustration of people not recognizing we have issues. I think I said something like they can tell when someone has had an ischemic stroke but not a hemorrhagic stroke and it’s frustrating.

Hated to read you had a fall on a motorcycle, yikes that hurts! Bruises will heal but they don’t feel good. Have you thought about getting in to see a physical therapist to help strengthen your left side?

2 Likes

hey @ModSupport ,
sorry it’s been a while, I have started taking tennis lessons (have to tune down my kind of sports now… I used to do only extreme sports), and it helps me making my left side more functional. I have become more aware of my left side, I can “feel” the pressure when I hit the ball now, I have started chasing the ball instead of just looking at it pass me.

and I got the pictures of the location that I said I want to fetch it for us to know deeper about my case.

[quote=“Moltroub, post:2, topic:17306”]
Doctors explain things differently to family and patients the world over and then we have the error of communication in understanding what a surgeon has said in relation to our own knowledge. I’m unsure which artery would be referred to as being in the center of the brain as I think it could be one of several.

it’s there. center, that’s why they can’t just clip or remove it…

Great news on your ability to play tennis Stephen, that’s awesome!

I love pictures of our brains, I find them fascinating, thanks for sharing! Just an fyi -They don’t remove aneurysms, they stop the blood flowing into them either through an endovascular method which is coiling sometimes with a balloon assist and sometimes with a stent or a craniotomy which is a clip. The word “occluded” is used when there is no more blood flow into the aneurysm, fully occluded is a wonderful thing to read when one has an aneurysm. You received another method with the gamma ray which I also find interesting.

Does your radiology report mention which artery your aneurysm is at? My guess is the anterior communicating artery which has five segments or parts to it and they get different names like the pericollosal. You can read more about the ACA here Anterior cerebral artery - Wikipedia. I also think, but do not know, when members say they have an aneurysm deep in their brain it’s the Anterior Communicating Artery (ACA) or one of its segments.

I hope you have continued success, you’re doing really well!