Identification just in case

I am a six-year SAH survivor. I carry my wallet with I.D. and the names of the drugs I take on a daily basis. Recently, I ordered a silicone RoadID bracelet. It cost me $25us and has my name, date of birth, emergency contact number and my medical issue which reads “brain-coils & stents” just in case a paramedic or doctor needs to know what might be wrong with me if I an unable to tell them. It gives me a bit of comfort knowing, if necessary, I will receive proper treatments. My husband also wears one that indicates he is a heart attack survivor!

Cathy

2 Likes

I have been thinking about getting a bracelet , saw only medical , will look for road iD.

Check RoadID.com

Its easy to order and mine has 5 lines of text…

My name
My date of birth
My husband name & cell phone #
My son name & cell phone #
My brain - coils & stents

It looks like you can put whatever you like on each line. I didn’t really follow what their “fields” wanted. I had to adjust my info to make sure it fit on each line. As I said I don’t even know its on my wrist! So comfortable. I chose purple!

1 Like

There is also an app to add your medical information in your cell phone that can be accessed by rescue services. You can Google for more information.

Take care-God bless you,
Jj

1 Like

I don’t have a data plan with my cell phone (iphone). I also need to enter my password before I use my phone. Are either of these issues a problem for rescue services to access my info?

God bless!

You should be able to identify a contact for ICE (In Case of Emergency). Also straight from Apple support

Always remember to carry information on a card as well. Years ago I met a couple who’s son was in a car wreck, his phone was demolished and no one could access it. He was brain dead. Police went to their house but both were working. On one of the attempts, the neighbor was home and happened to know how to get in touch with them. They started a non profit to give people cards to carry so their experience wouldn’t be shared by others. The mother was a Neuro RN. It was a heart wrenching story. I would encourage everyone to keep a card as well, not only in your wallet, but perhaps with your vehicle registration.

Good advice to have a card too. :grinning:

1 Like