I really did not enjoy the angiogram!

Ha! Had it Monday and that was so not fun. The sedation did not work on me so I remember everything and it was painful the most at the end when he finished. They will have to give me more sedation the next time! However, I have experienced very minimal swelling or bruising, so that I am thankful. Unfortunately, the surgeon found a 3rd aneurysm as well and this one is in the back. He wanted time to study my films but is recommended the clipping for 2 (mca and a comm) and maybe coiling for the one in the back (basiler). I go back to see him on the 18th and we will schedule surgery then. I read all these stories everyday and I am praying for all of you out there who are going through the same debilitating (at times) fear as me. I just want to get the surgery behind me and have some form of a normal life again. Dont we all?

I had angiogram Monday too! Your right it was no fun at all. I too felt a lot of pain at the end. Im still sore. As for your fear ask you doctor for some anxiety pills. They are helping me out a lot. My clipping is on the 14th. And yes I long for the normal days of my life. All of this worrying is so not fun. Take care dear lady and God bless you.

I have my angiogram coming up on the 17th. Not looking forward to it, but will be glad to have some better information to make a treatment decision with! What post-procedural instructions were you given? How long did you have to stay flat, how long we’re you in before going home? Did they tell you to rest after? Any restrictions, ie lifting? I have 2 little kids, so if I can lift anything for a few days I won’t be able to be alone with them and need to make sure I make arrangements for proper help. Thanks for sharing your experience! Hope you are feeling well now!

wow- i'm surprised! mine was pain free- out cold- i had to lie flat for 4 hrs, no lifting- nothing heavier than a newspaper-so dont worry too much andmpon everyones is different & yours will be a breeze! if you need answers call them- they didnt tell us about the 4 hr delay

oh gosh rhonda! so sorry they found another but better they found it now & they can make battle plans and get you all fixed up. think positive that we will have normality again- this is what keeps us going.. keeping you in thoughts & prayers!

So sorry your angiogram was not so good :confused: You’re right about the end when they seal or clamp the artery it hurt and it snapped me clear out of my sedation. Sorry about finding a 3rd anuerysm I found out I had three more from my angiogram. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts for you to get through this and return to some form of a normal life :slight_smile:

Hi Valerie,

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for the 14th. I'll be praying for you every day. I had an aneurysm clipped on November 20th and am doing amazingly well. Stay strong and keep telling yourself you will have a successful surgery with little pain and no deficits. I think the brain is very powerful and you can have complete success using mind control. Good luck to you and I'm keeping you in my prayers. Take care,

Bonnie

Hi Rhonda...I have an aneurysm that was coiled on my basilar artery tip...and like you, I remember one thing...I couldn't wait to get the "show on the road" and start the journey with the coiling...because like you ... it hung over me ...

I must tell you...if it helps...I donot do good with the angiograms either...and the sedation really doesn't work for me either...the last one I had was the worse...and then I have problems for about 2 weeks after the procedure...please know you aren't alone...~ Cyber~thoughts your way ~ Colleen

Ps...keep us posted on surgery dates, etc.,

You got to be out cold for your angio?!? I'm SO jealous! I have to be awake with some anesthesia for the pain but my Dr said they prefer the patient to be awake and have them close their mouth and eyes and hold their breath when they push the dye through. The first one I had was the most painful thing I had ever been through (including child birth!) and I cried through the whole thing. I was out cold when they inserted the PED and then at my 6 month angio it wasn't as bad but I had to lay flat for 6 hours each time. I have another next month and I am not looking forward to it!