I Have To Say Bye To Caffeine :/

So it took a while to try to figure out why some days I wake up in the middle of the night with a severe pain on the top of my head & with a headache that I cant even explain...I came with the conclusion that caffeine seems to cause those headaches but the weird thing is that they wont come immediately after I consume a cup of coffee or a can of soda. They come in the middle of the night while I'm sound asleep & the pain & discomfort is strong enough that it wakes me up and they will continue for the rest of the day. Does this happen to anyone else? I had coiling done a year ago & Im still trying to figure out the dos & donts :/

hi Araceli- i had already quit years prior to sah rupture because Atkins diet recommended it but they warned you may get headache from withdraw. Years later now i'm glad i quit since caffeine is so bad for us. I've found the decaf is just as good. Also i substituted tea for coffee as coffee gives you heartburn.I am glad to be out of the coffee rut. I hope this helps you-take care, c u soon!

Hi Araceli...I can't say that caffeine has caused me headaches...however, I used to love my coffee before 11am, but since my annie was coiled...I sorta backed down on my caffeine to one cup in the morning...because if I get one of really bad migraines, I must take feriocet and that has caffeine...and too much makes my Bp go up...

Alot of this journey is "trial and error" ... and learning what works for us and what truly doesn't...~ Wishing you better middle of the nights...~ Colleen

Hi Araceli,

So have you stopped the caffeine and what are the nights like--I hope to hear pain free! Caffeine is a mainstay in my diet (coffee , no soda) I've noticed I'll get a headache if I miss my morning java though...If it works for you, that would be an awesome quick fix. Hope it does! Peace, Janet