I have just been diagnosed with an unruptured anevrism

Hi Michelle,

I really admire you for taking the decision to change your life and try something new from what you were telling me you have out grown France and having an Annie is a wake up call to say be in the driving seat of your life. It is for all of us!

I hope Israel works out for you and find nice people to share your life with so that you do not feel so alone. Having treatment for the annie is just as stressful as deciding whether to or monitor. Its only after they tell you that everything is OK that you can relax.

Jennifer X

I was hospitalized mid March with vertigo. While hospitalized they discovered an unruptured aneurysm. I had a coling/stint procedure last Tuesday at Mass General in Boston, Ma. Feeling tired and incision site is a bit uncomfortable. Headache on right side (coiling area). I am seeing doctor August 31st.

go to a therapist and see what they say, depression is a propblem with aneurysms. take good care of you, it does get better.

Hello Laurie:

Thank you. Nobody told me that, but I trust you. However, in my case, it has to do with my environment because I have anxiety panics since I came back from America. It's the fact of living in France because I don't feel happy here. It is a very selfish country. So I am trying to leave it and live somewhere else.

What about you ? Have you or still have depression ? What type of aneurysm do you have ? I didn't see much on your site.

How are you recovering ?

Good luck.

Have a nice day.

Michele

Hi Deborrah:

I hope you are having a nice recovery. All the best. Michele

Hi Carole:

Please forgive me. I just found out I didn't answer you. I feel somewhat dizzy and very tired. I didn't even have the courage to go to my computer, and still don't. But I wanted to tell you that I would anser you tomorrow (it's now 9.30 pm in Paris_.

But thank you very much for your kind encouragement. I might have some other vascular problems. I'll go and see my doctor tomorrow. Today is a holiday in France.

I talk to you soon.

Michele

IHi Jenny:

I don't think I answered you. I apologize if I didn't. I am a little confused because there are not dates and it seems, unless I am mistaken, that emails and the answers on the site are not synchronized. But of course, I am still new at this and I very well don't understand it all.

I am a little dizzy like drifted away and very sleepy. I'll go to see a doctor tomorrow (today is a holiday in france) and see if he wants to do some vascular or even heart checkup.

In france, anyway, until the first of september, I can do nothing. Everything is closed, when I say everything, it's really everything: doctors, nurses, hospitals staff are very reduced. In fact, if you came to Paris now, you'll have the whole city for yourself, almost. It's empty and for foreigners it looks very weird.

How are you feeling ? Can you go to work, do your things like you did before the surgery ? Do you feel good ? I'd like to know.

My heart is with Chris. I think she had her surgery yesterday. I hope everything is fine.

Hugs.

Michele

Dear Diane:

I have promised to answer your letter but until now I was not in my best. I apologize for the delay.

Well, what you said about having confidence in your doctor: it's everything, almost! I am going to take your advice and try to show them other people complaints and interventional surgery. But the doctors here feel they are gods and they feel insulted if we ask too many questions. French as you know are very arrogant!

I am sorry I am not sure I understood about your aneurysm. I am quite new also, in a way. Have you had a surgery? What is a silver lining type of person? Cool? Not anxious? Serene?

Yes I am scheduled although I didn't ask for it. He wants to do a cerebral angiography and I am not going. Because I learned a lot about this procedure, and if something happens (it is an invasive kind of testing", they might operate on me while I am on the table, and there would be then nothing I could do! They will make me sign a paper before the angiography takes place, saying that, whatever happens during the test, doctors are not responsible.

And everything is government, so there is no bringing them to court or anything like that to protect you like in America.

So believe me, I know what I am talking about. I lived 20 years in America and know the difference! It is huge!

I don't know if you remember this historical event in France when thousands have been given transfusion with aids infected blood, a lot of them dead, and none of them have been compensated or so little it is laughable (1,000 dollars per dead person).Plus no one of the elites have been sentenced !

- You can read about it on: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-12-15/features/9204230982_1_hemophiliacs-infected-aids-virus

- Also here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infected_blood_scandal_%28France%29 where

you can see that the people responsible for it have been given no sentence.

And this is still the same system. I have so many stories that happen to me and my family and friends that will enable me to write a book on that subject alone! So how can I not be worried?

But thank you for your concern. I'll find other ways. I am investigating other countries.

I want to know about you. How you are doing? You said you feel pretty good with your medical advice. So what is it? What do they want to do? What kind of surgery if any? Are they going to do and angiogram before a surgery?

Thank you for your answer.

By the way I lived in NY City, Manhattan for 20 years and I loved it. I could not stay for personal reasons but I'll regret it until the end of my days. It's a beautiful country and city.

Bye now.

Michele

Hi Carole:

I was looking for you and couldn't find you. Finally I did. Thank you very much. I did make an appointment with him on September 7th. I told him you refered me to him, but I didn't know your last name, so I don't think he remembered. Were are you now ?

I have to do a dopler now, but I will come back to you to night. How are you feeling ?

Thanks again. It was very nice of you.

Cordially

Michele

Hi Michele,

I’m glad to know that you have an appointment to see Dr. Brotchi and that it didn’t take too long to get one, It’s been many years since I saw Dr. Brotchi so he probably wouldn’t remember me except for the fact that I was referred to him by Dr. Robert Grossman. You may want to tell him that. :-).

He, or one of his associates, can give you a clearer idea of the treatment that’s best for you and help to alleviate some of your fears. He may also be able to refer you to someone in France and/or Israel that he would be comfortable with having treat you.

I am feeling well. The virus and associated tiredness are 99% gone now so I have energy to address some of the things that I had to put on hold. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Carole

Dear Carole:

Yes, I'll tell him that. Thank you. And I am so glat that you are back to your ownself. You know, it's strange, but since I learned about this ICA, something strange happened to me. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but I took at 10 years in my face, in the way I am looking at life, at the people in general. I never liked french but still I could have a social life.

But today, I went to have a dopler done on my neck arteries and the radiologist was very nice. He said he was not a surgeon but he thinks that my aneurysm is very smal compare to my arteries. He said it is very important to compare the bulk to the size of the arteries and he said that my aneurysm is the same size in diameter than my arteries. He also said you know if you go to a surgeon, it is their business to operate. He made think about that.

Finally, he said I was right not to have an agiography and that many pople died, at least in France, just doing angiography. So I was feeling much better, plus this radiologist was in the 16th arrondissement, and this is the only arrondissement I like in Paris: aritocrats but well behaved and educated compare to the rest of the country. I am not a snob, but I like polite and considerate people

I'll let you know after I see the dr. Brotchi. But when did you see him ? You said you were in Belgium a long time ago, so when was your first aneurysm discovered ? How come you were in Belgium ? Did you live there ? For how long ? Where exactly. I know belgium pretty well.

Have a nice day

Michele