New member and newly diagnosed

Hi there,
I am new here, with a fairly new diagnosis of N unruptured aneurysm.

Ironically, today is the 10yr anniversary of my U clear sudden passing to an aneurysm rupture. His passing is what got me on the radar to be checked regularly. However at 20 I didn’t think I’d be diagnosed with one 10 years later.

Both my Grandma and Uncle from my mother’s side have passed from aneurysms so it’s hereditary for me. I had my routine MRI in June 2017 and given the all clear. But I went back in December finally complaining of my terrible migraines that feel like someone is stabbing me in the left eye with hot poker and turning it. So they did another MRI. I got a call in January that I had to get a CAT Scan. Receptionist said there was a spot to check, nurse denied and said it was normal procedure. As I arrived for the test, the hospital gave me my form and it said ‘questionable saccular aneurysm at posterior margin of anterior communicating artery’. My heart sank and I was floored. Then two weeks later it was confirmed. I have a covering Doctor cause mine is on Mat leave and she explained it well and said it was 1mm. But I left confused, unsure if my doctor missed it in June. So I got all reports printed and it wasn’t seen in June, but was actually 1.4mm. I know that is small, but so is artery walls so Im not accepting it well. The doctor referred me to one of the best Aneurysm clinics locally as per my request and she wasn’t hopeful in me being accepted due to my size of aneurysm, but they did! I go May 3rd. I wish it was tomorrow though!

If you read this far, thank you, I appreciate it! The support here will be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Hello Crystal3,
As i read your story you are courageous one indeed!, you had Aneurysm because it’s in your genes. And because you knew it, you should be more cautious of your health (you should eat more on fruits to give stamina before the date of surgery) don’t think on this too much, stay relax at all times too.

LOVE LOTS
Maes

2 Likes

Welcome Crystal 3!
Fear is understandable. You’re going to have a lot of nasty emotions nagging you for awhile. You did your Uncle a great honor getting checked. I survived a rupture and am still battling brain damage issues. When you’ve read some of the other stories on this site, you’ll find that, in spite of my ongoing issues, I’m one of the lucky ones. I wish more of the people in my family would get checked and am grateful to those who have. Only one has been diagnosed with an aneurysm. She had a stent procedure in August and is doing well now. She was very afraid but is glad she got it taken care of. I am too. Your Uncle would be relieved to know you’re getting it taken care of, believe me. Be good to yourself and don’t let the fear get the best of you.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate your kind words. It’s nice to hear from survivors and know there are options. The unknown is scary but will hopefully get answers in May. I truly don’t even know guidelines for when they will operate and if it’s coil or clip. The covering doctor said the normal is to monitor yearly but seeing as it might not have been there in a 6 month gap, then be there, in worried a year is too long!

1 Like

I understand what you are going through. I have a 3 mm at 53. I will be 48 Sunday and it is scarring me. I see the doc again April 4 th so maybe surgery will get scheduled :confused:

Hi there Heidi48 now isnt’it right? LOL…just want to give you a lighter side of life here.Now we go back to your true feeling on the surgery that is on to be scheduled April 4th .don’t worry I will be praying for you too. I’ll tell you “everyone i think have had the same” I think no one felt brave when they are to face a battle. But the only one that i can assure, you is to face this battle with a well prepared body and soul.
free your mind and just let God do his will for you. I’m not a nun or the sort here, but when i’m on to this then the only word that i said was " God if you are going to take what you gave me,please take to your resting place AMEN" these are my words before closing my eye and headed to the OR. They said i’m brave,but no i’m not. I just want to get done and over it that’s all. Ever since childhood I had this attitude, you know why because I have strong faith in God. and i think that’s why i survived Annie.Fear is a strong emotion that makes our lives in danger though we can do the challenges.we were just scrared to facing it. thus we can change fear into a positive result too,just always look on the brighter side.
LOVE LOTS
Maes