I had my consult with the dr. today

Hi Everyone -

I had my consult with the neuro interventional surgeon today.

He was awesome!!! I really felt very comfortable with him and although, i'm still extremely nervous, he did put me at ease. My dad and husband were both really happy with him too.

He scheduled my angiogram for next friday morning. I'm kind of nervous about the procedure itself but, I know I need to have it.

He showed me the larger of the aneurysms. I hadn't seen pics of it before. They are right behind my right eye.

He said the larger on is about 6 or 7 mm. He's actually not sure that the smaller one is an aneurysm. He said it's possible that it's the way the blood vessel is shaped that could appear to be one. He said that he will be able to tell for sure when he does the angiogram.

I have an appt. to go back to him on the 23rd to discuss the results and which treatment would work best for my situation.

He only does coiling so, if it came to having to get the clipping done, he's refer me to someone else. I am praying I don't have to have the clipping done but, I'll do what needs to be done.

I guess that's all for now. But, I've talked to a few of you already and wanted to post an update about today.

Thank you to everyone that's been so supportive already in the few days since I've signed up here!!! It is great to have support like that!!!

Have a great night!!

~Lori

Lori...wishing you a grand may 23rd...and, the results that are as best possible for your comfort in your decision...Look forward for your update...

Pat

Lori,
Thank you for the update. I am glad that you felt comfortable with the surgeon and that he was able to help put you at ease with some of this. It is wonderful that you have such great support with your husband and dad. I pray that everything goes well with your angiogram next Friday and that you will be able to have peace about the decisions that you make in the upcoming weeks as to which treatment will be best for you. Please let me know if you have any questions that I can help with.
Gd bless,
Carol

(((Lori)))...see moving along one step at a time...glad you are getting the angiogram done...I am going to be out of pocket for a little over a week after tonight...I will be back, but please know I will continue to keep you and all in my thoughts and prayers esp for your upcoming angio...~ Wishing you a Happy Friday ~ Colleen

Thank you so much Carol :)

Thank you very much Colleen! Have a great week!! :)

Thank you so much Pat!! :)

Lori,

I have had 4 angiograms in the last 3 years. Don't worry too much about it. You will be sore for a few days and back to normal in no time. Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much Tony!!! :)