I am alive

I am so happy to find this group. I have never been so scared in my entire life. It was horrible. The worse part for me has been hearing the Doctors say how close to death I was. I cannot believe I am sitting here writing about what happened to me. My surgery went well, I had an entire team and they were stellar. I don't have problems with speech, walking or memory I had subarachnoid hemorrhage so my doctors keep smiling as well as I

Wow Caroline! I read your story and you are such a positive person, I’m glad you found us! I’m glad you’re still smiling. Thank you for the encouragement.

going through an sah is quite an experience isnt it? It's like one minute life is normal and the next thing is you're finding out what happened and how you almost died. I remember one nurse coming into my room and saying "It's good to see you doing so well, you were very sick". I didnt even know at that point what he meant since I didnt remember about 3 weeks after the rupture. The more I learned from my husband, the more shocking it all was. glad to see another survivor here

I was all alone driving after work and stop my car I had the headache just happen from the back of my neck up to the top of my head it was awful and scary. I got out of my car and begged the car behind me to call 911 which he did. When they got there they realized I had a rupture I was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. U of WA has a great program there. Anyway I had two aneurysm one ruptured and the other didn't they clipped both. I was told if I hadn't had surgery I would die. I will never ever forget that moment the ruptured happened. I am grateful to the guy behind me who called for help I was able to call him and thank him for saving my life. My Dad died Nov 3, 2014 and I was dealing with the grief from that and than stress from work never in a million years expected that to happened. I don't remember much of the first 3 weeks either. Thanks for your feedback :)

sharong said:

going through an sah is quite an experience isnt it? It's like one minute life is normal and the next thing is you're finding out what happened and how you almost died. I remember one nurse coming into my room and saying "It's good to see you doing so well, you were very sick". I didnt even know at that point what he meant since I didnt remember about 3 weeks after the rupture. The more I learned from my husband, the more shocking it all was. glad to see another survivor here

Glad to have you with us, Caroline. I am happy you are doing well.

I am just one week post-op craniotomy for clipping of aneurysm. I feel good except for dull headache. 26+ staples will come out on Friday. I was allowed to go home 2 days postoperative. Have been walking 1-2 miles/day. Still a little swollen and black and blue but aneurysm free and no negative effects.

I had a very similar experience in July 2012 Caroline. I was airlifted to Harborview with a SAH and had clipping the following morning. I feel great 2+ years later and I exercise regularly and enjoy life with wine again. Life is good!