How to deal with after shocks!

Hi Sara,

Don't ever feel alone. As you can see this is the dark side of the journey. I often feel like I need back away from the edge and just be myself, but I am forever changed with this experience. I am only 8mo into this and believe me it's been quit a ride. I now am taking Lexapro as I realized that I was the only one that could ask for help handling the axiety and stress. It helps so much finding a qualified person to talk through all your fears. Things that you don't always tell loved ones. Slowly things are getting better. I am 6 days from having my first real look to find out if the aneurysm and I also if my disected artery has healed. Stressful, but I will say that having my therapist has been a hugh help. God speed!

Troy...I am so pleased to read of your acupuncture, etc....I am such a believer...and, cherish it..

and, more and more is coming out from our members here! ... I also did / do cranisoacral therapy...

The hard part about these are that they are out-of-pocket...insurance will pay thousands for drugs ... not the alternative choice of the premium payers...us/our employer....

As far as those notebooks / daily logs...hey ...they can get lost, too... I taped a list of things to do over my door handle to help remember what to do when leaving home...

Prayers for your continued recovery...

Pat

Sara...welcome...and, have to tell yu...I just typed paragraphs of 9 years...and, somehow erased it all...I cannot find it...that in itself...reflects changes in our lives... have an adorable computer tech...who answers questions for me on the phone...no fee...I called him today for one...he told me he/wife just got their new home...and, I will certainly provide them a nice housewarming gift...so they may select heir own choice...and, I will not drive out to shop!

Now, this all is a completely different story than the first 9 years...prior, I needed apx 3-4 hours to stop, shop/compare, select, a new printer; remove the old; readied for recycle; program in the new...and know the copier and fax...My tech has to do all that stuff the past nine years...total confusion updating comptuer and to Word 2010 and Whatever 7... he is always available to walk me thru on the phone...

None of this was a part of what I wrote...now, my thought process has mangled... because I accidently deleted what I typed... I will write more another day...

Our lives do change tremendously...needing adjustments, replacements, acceptance..

Prayers for you to feel better daily and for your continued recovery...

Pat

Hello Sara, hope you're ok.

I understand how you feel, believe me. I felt exactly the same way after my surgery. I felt that way for 4 months.

I went to a councellor and spoke with her about my depressed feelings. It helped alot, she made me realize that having major surgery coupled with medications causes these horrible thoughts. It's a shock like post traumatic stress disorder. With the brain still healing all sorts of things are out of whack, especially our emotions. I am now back to normal and feel great again. Believe me this will pass, just realize you need time to heal, it will go away.

Hope that helped

God Bless

Nikki xx

Hi Pat- forgive me for butting in but i just read you lost your work-that happens to me if i go to another page on here- when i return its gone! sometimes i forget to hit the send or add button - have a great weekend ! hop this helped

Hello Sara,

I really do not have advice. I just wanted to comment because my experience did the opposite for me. At the time of my aneurysm I honestly did not have any faith. I was a self proclaimed atheist, however since my aneurysm, I have found my faith in God. I am not sure of his purpose for sparing my life however I have faith one day I will be there to serve him and for now carry on his word. I did not experience any lights, or angels or anything heavenly, like everyone else, it is all a void. I said to my husband several times, If I had died I would not have known any different. I now think he spared me so that now I can live life in knowing his love, believing in his greatness and giving me a second chance to change the way I live my life.

I am not one to preach. In fact, I think everyone of us have our own experience and whether we gain faith, lose faith, or nothing changes, they are all the reasons we are still here: To be able to get well rounded knowledge in every aspect of life and death, and faith.

It is what we do with our lives here on out that counts. I am not letting this second chance at life to pass me by and I thank God everyday for this chance. :)

Sincerest regards,

Jen

Hi Sara, I hope this is a good day for you. Its not fun having the ups and downs but time and patience right now helps which I know is difficult when we can’t do as we use to but we learn to do work arounds to be able to do what we need to. Have faith that in time things will return as they should be. This is the best place to vent, don’t keep your feelings in, letting it out is the best therapy. Please keep posting, & sending thoughts and prayers your way… Debbie

hi Sara! hope your feeling better- i pray & wait for the rollercoaster to go back up hill!-it's all mental for me -if i have something to do the next day i get up feeling fairly well but if i'm idle or thinking negative it carries over to the next morning & i can barely get moving in the morning-so i think to be positive is crucial but way way easier said than done- this is where the never ending battle lies. May we all battle back against the neggies. Have a great holiday!