How often do you have unruptured annie checked?

Just curious what others are doing. I would imagine if you've had a rupture of another annie, they might want to check any remaining unruptured annie(s) more often. I haven't had a rupture and the dye is hard on my 1 remaining kidney + it will cost SO much. I'd like to put if off for a few years. I've read many on this site go in every 2 or 5 years. I've had 2 rounds of testing 6 months apart and only found I apparently have 3 not the initially diagnosed 1. The largest is still only 3mm. I don't worry about it at all but it's always in the back of my mind.

Hi Mitch...I wonder this too....but since I had one annie coiled and the other is unruptured and 2mm...well they are both getting checked together...June, 2012 ... I will have another angio on my coiled annie and at that time they will check the other annie...after that I plan on asking how often must this be checked...

Thanks Jim,

Where is your unruptured annie? All I know is mine are on the MCA. I assume that is a low risk area because the docs are not at all worried but they didn't talk to me about any of that.

Hi Mitch,

Mine is 5mm in ICA. At this point I have mine checked every six months. When it was a 2mm I was going once a year. I'm thinking of skipping my next MRA in June. I'm sooooooooooo tired of all the test. If there is no change in june doctor said we would wait a year. I would really like it fixed but doctor thinks there is more risk to fix than rupture. I also have other health issues that I have to deal with on a daily basis. I would do whatever you are comfortable with. One doctor told me I could wait 5 years before being checked again.