Just curious what others are doing. I would imagine if you've had a rupture of another annie, they might want to check any remaining unruptured annie(s) more often. I haven't had a rupture and the dye is hard on my 1 remaining kidney + it will cost SO much. I'd like to put if off for a few years. I've read many on this site go in every 2 or 5 years. I've had 2 rounds of testing 6 months apart and only found I apparently have 3 not the initially diagnosed 1. The largest is still only 3mm. I don't worry about it at all but it's always in the back of my mind.
Hi Mitch...I wonder this too....but since I had one annie coiled and the other is unruptured and 2mm...well they are both getting checked together...June, 2012 ... I will have another angio on my coiled annie and at that time they will check the other annie...after that I plan on asking how often must this be checked...
Where is your unruptured annie? All I know is mine are on the MCA. I assume that is a low risk area because the docs are not at all worried but they didn't talk to me about any of that.
Mine is 5mm in ICA. At this point I have mine checked every six months. When it was a 2mm I was going once a year. I'm thinking of skipping my next MRA in June. I'm sooooooooooo tired of all the test. If there is no change in june doctor said we would wait a year. I would really like it fixed but doctor thinks there is more risk to fix than rupture. I also have other health issues that I have to deal with on a daily basis. I would do whatever you are comfortable with. One doctor told me I could wait 5 years before being checked again.