Anyone with a watch and wait annie that ruptured?

I have 2 or 3 unruptured mca annies only 2 & 3 mm each so am, of course, on watch and wait. I'm having a hard time controlling my high b.p. after a kidney donation. Don't recall reading anyone on this site that had a small watch and wait annie rupture. I know the chance of rupture is small and keeping blood pressure under control is important to avoid a rupture. I've done pretty well dealing with these little annies in my head and don't give it much thought. But, the blood pressure thing is bothering me a bit. Just curious, thanks :)

Mitch...if I remember right....some of your family has PKD...the reason for your kidney donation...

What are the docs telling you?

When was your last check-up/sizing of your aneurysms?

What were you told about the average "watch and wait" time....for mca aneurysms?

There are likely some stats somewhere...

Prayers for your getting the right direction and your right decision...

Pat

Hi Mitch...I had one coiled and one is a watch and wait...it has been 3 years and it hasn't ruptured...I too am having a rough time keeping my Bp down...please talk to your Doctor...you and I both need to get under control...keep us posted ~ Colleen

Hi Mitch, I am on wait and watch with my 6mm ACA annie. It was diagnosed just over a year ago. I have hard to control high BP too, however, living in the UK, my neurologists don't want to see me again (ever) unless I start showing some other symptoms! So yes its hard and sometimes I wish I was never diagnosed.

Kind of crazy they want your blood pressure down, but tell you to just wait when you have something in your head that could kill you. Although yours are small, it is hard once you find out to not think about it day in and day out. When I found out about mine(unruptured but had it clipped 11 yrs ago) I told them they had to give me something for my nerves/anxity if they wanted me to keep my blood pressure down. I too have high blood pressure and am on a beta blocker and benecar . Maybe you need a 2nd opinion. Hope you can get some answers. I have found deep breathing outside in the mornings helps my blood pressure. I do think some quiet time, devotion or meditation ,whatever you want to call it does help. The mind is a powerful thing. Keep thinking good thoughts. Robyn

Thanks all for your responses. :) I'm on 3 high b.p. meds now, have a cardiologist trying to find a good change in meds to control it better and get the cost down. Sooo expensivve. I changed to a raw vegan diet and went back to my exercise routine - low impact aerobics and walking. My b.p. is going up!

My life has been one big stressor the last 2 years with mom getting sick and dying, caring for father with Alzheimers who then got sick with cancer and died recently, his dog I adopted died, then my dog died, and husband who got moved 3 hours away by the military and then got sent to Afghanistan getting bombed and shot at for a year during all this. All while trying to work full time at a job where I get my life threatened and I deal with the worst of the worst society has to offer and in constant conflict.

Hmmmm, guess I know why my b.p. is high, but all things I can't really change, at least not right now other than the meds. And yes my grandfather, mother & all siblings have/had kidney disease. I'm so grateful I didn't get it so I could donate, best thing I ever did.

I will work on my breathing, I know I hold my breath too much at work when every human contact all day is filled with anger and conflict. Bad habit and know it raises my b.p..

I really wish I never got diagnosed with annies. First they tell me I might be dying, then they dismiss it saying it's no biggie, very common. Oh, but keep b.p. in control or face possible rupture. Seems like a roller coaster! I don't even see doc about them for another 2 years. Neurosurgeons couldn't even agree how many I have. 1 doc said 2 of them are right next to each other on MCA which seemed kinda scary to me with the other annie on the opposite MCA.

I'll continue on best I can and get back to not thinking about them. I know I'm so lucky to be able to do that, unlike many here who had a rupture etc. My heart goes out to you all for continued healing and a good life!

Wow, 6mm and no follow ups whatsoever? That is scary and doesn't sound wise. Perhaps you can come to the US and get a follow up from time to time? Scary. I would imagine with that to deal with, it's understandable your b.p. is hard to control! Wishing you well!

I'm SO sorry you've been going through so much stress….that makes the BP issue harder to deal with. Many thanks to you and your husband for your service and sacrifice to our country. I have two aneurysms - both small that are on a watch. and difficulties with my blood pressure, but we're working on that. Best of luck to you and keep us posted as to how you are...

Hi Colleen: My b.p. is rising daily now. I think it may be partially due to a minimum dose estrogen patch for hot flashes my naturopath rx'd me. I was told today to remove it and check to see if b.p. drops. That means back to disabling hot flashes. So hard to work when I'm ready to strip one minute and freezing cold 5 minutes later! :) I tried all the natural solutions and they didn't work. Hope you are able to get your b.p. down.

Thank you Ann, sorry you're in the same boat with watch and wait annies and b.p. issues. Hope you find a way to keep it in check. I got high b.p. in my late 30's when I was very active, exercised a great deal, was at my optimum weight, ate healthy and was happy. Still don't know why I had/have it, nobody can tell me. Good luck to you in your efforts to get it down. I'm thinking as is my naturopath it could be the low dose estrogen patch I'm on, we'll see. Had to remove it today as b.p. kept rising!