How long?

Mine happened October 6th 2012. And I still have issues. My scalp itches, I get tired really easily I am still working 1/2 days. Anyone else still not feeling well after 7 months. I was very lucky no major disabilities, just at first my balance, and still now my short term memory. Also getting mild pain in my head when I do not rest and nausea if I move around too fast. Anyone else have these kinds of issues? Please correspond as because I don’t look like anything is still wrong, everyone thinks I am better.

It took me a full year to feel normal again. The way I got through it was by thinking about how much better I felt at month 6 than I did at month 2 and so on. Hang in there!

Thanks for answering. This is the first time on this forum. Of course, I had to change my password before I began - what else is new? I live in Texas

Hi,

I've undergone two clippings plus an sah/coil and quite honestly, each procedure was alltogether different in terms of recovery....the 1st clipping there were other issues to deal with (a snapped cranial nerve) made for plenty of doublevision for about 4 months...after that though, I was feeling fine and had no headaches, itchy scalp scar area but thats it. otherwise, no problems...in 2006 I underwent a coiling procedure while in a coma from an sah, 6 weeks later I came to and all I had to deal with was some right sided parylysis which I worked thru at home...no problems what so ever with the coils, never thought twice about them as they didn't seem to bother me...until the coils compacted in 2010, ( thought I had another aneurysm), but luckily the pain I felt was the coils compacting...So I was able to get a clipping instead of adding more coils to that annie, and my recovery was very good and I was driving within a week, etc. no headaches, no pains related to the clipping, wasn't overly tired after any of the procedures.. had again the itchy scar area but thats not an issue-- If you continue having the nausea from movement I'd think about having that checked out as that doesn't sound like an aneurysm related symptom (not a fixed annie at least)!, Hope your feeling great very soon, good luck , Peace, Janet

Thanks Janet for the info. Mine was just a ruptured Annie and I had a clip. Sounds like you have had your hands full! Hope all is well with you.

Octobersix

"JUST a ruptured annie " (!!!!?) I didn't realize you'd sustained a rupture ! thats no picnic to be sure, Keep resting up and don't over do things, (but please consider getting the nausea and balance issues under the radar, could even be middle ear problems) , Many healing vibes being sent your way, and also one more thing; tres'semme helped the itchy scalp situation more then anything else i've tried, and surprisingly it really does work--ofcourse I can't recall exactly which one of the Tres'semme line it is--but they're probably all good ! lol

Peace to you, take care, Janet

Thanks again Janet. Because I passed out in the bathroom and woke up in the hospital in Dallas after the surgery with no memory of anything is why I have issues with the actual severity of my Annie. Love and peace to you also.
Elaine (aka Octobersix)

Oh, gosh, only 7 months? That's not long at all considering what your brain went through! It's been over two years since my rupture and I still get tired easily and get headaches when I do too much. Have patience; take it easy on yourself. That's the lesson in all of this. We have to treat ourselves with kindness. We look totally normal to everyone else, but our brains have been through a major trauma. We are the fortunate ones to have survived. Our "new normal" might have to be a little slower, calmer, and deliberate (I switch words when I talk too fast!), but in the long run it will be better for our health to be this way while the world around us is crazy and frantic!

Health and peace to you!

Christen,
Thanks for the input. I go back to the doctor’s one more time in June. Then I have to decide if I can go back to work full time or retire. I do have enough time to retire, which I am lucky for. I think I can do a little slower and calmer. It is so nice to hear from others who have gone through what I did. I don’t feel so alone in my feelings.

Thanks and peace to you also.
Elaine

Same here- I still have a hard time believing the severity of what my body went through- been 3 years and I do have physical deficits- (There has to be mental ones as well- I would think- I have yet to discover them :-)...or maybe I should say, acknowledge them- haha) Best wishes in your recovery-D

It has been since February 2012 for me. I had a ruptured Annie & they found an unruptured one. Both were coiled, then I had to have surgery on both of my eyes. The blood from the rupture had collected on my optic nerves an rendered me just about blind. Had the surgeries and finally came home. Went back to work part time in June. In January I was told there would be no more part time available. I went back to work full time in February 2013. I get pretty tired some days & really miss my naps. No one has to rock me to sleep when it’s bedtime. People tell me all the time that I don’t look like anything is or ever was wrong with me. I just smile & tell them I will always have a brain injury. It will never be the same. But, I am very fortunate to be here at all. I have a very loving and supportive family & friends. I think that has been key in my recovery. I take meclizine for the vertigo. It has helped so much. Words aren’t always there when I try to say them but I muddle thru. Keep your positive attitude.

Thanks Myra for the info.

Thanks Dana H. for the info.

Tee Hee , Dana (You 'n me both !)

Everyone is different and it takes time for the brain and body to heal...You are not even one year since your surgery...and I think you will feel more of a difference as that time approaches. Wishing you better days ahead ~ Colleen

Thanks, Colleen. It is so encouraging to talk to someone who knows what I am going through.
Elaine